You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Olorin wrote:

I cant wait to hear that, sounds much more experimental. I dare say most of the classic era GNR fans will be appalled at it, but for me the whole point of this new era was to try different things and I want to hear the results.

johndivney wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I cant wait to hear that, sounds much more experimental.

i'm not buying that at all.. ok CD is a billion miles away from the likes of Libertad or p much any current classic rock band but it's still nowhere near like the departure that was promised.

misterID wrote:

All do respect to Ron, I want to hear those "old Chinese Democracy songs" before anything new is written.

again i'm on the other side of the fench - ESPECIALLY if that Cuban Skies leak is legit. the unreleased CD tracks are probably very much in the same vein of grotesque/gargantuan grandioise ballads & that direction is very much a dilution of the immediacy/rawness/streetwise sleaze that GnR need to have in their sound. i don't mind an Estranged every now and then but the likes of Shacklers or even Maddy don't compare to ITE or SCOM..

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I cant wait to hear that, sounds much more experimental. I dare say most of the classic era GNR fans will be appalled at it, but for me the whole point of this new era was to try different things and I want to hear the results.

Absolutely.

The whole point is NOT to try to repeat AFD because that woudn't be successfull.

I would love to hear this stuff.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'd be willing to bet it's nothing like a SRV solo.  Nothing I've heard from him suggests he's capable of such a thing...doesn't mean he isn't, but he did a great job hiding it at a time when it would have been quite appropriate.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I also disagree with whoever said CD wasn't that different for old GnR.  Maybe the ballads aren't THAT different because Axl wrote most of the epic ballads, but the "rockers" don't sound anything like the old band.

nugdafied wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'd be willing to bet it's nothing like a SRV solo.  Nothing I've heard from him suggests he's capable of such a thing...doesn't mean he isn't, but he did a great job hiding it at a time when it would have been quite appropriate.

I'm pretty sure Axl meant an incoherent version of a SRV type solo.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I also disagree with whoever said CD wasn't that different for old GnR.  Maybe the ballads aren't THAT different because Axl wrote most of the epic ballads, but the "rockers" don't sound anything like the old band.

That's true. Then again, there's only 6 of them on a 14 track album. Half of those 6 are good (CD, Better, IRS) while the other half are terrible (Shackler, Scraped, Riad).

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm pretty sure Axl meant an incoherent version of a SRV type solo.

lol:lol::lol:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer