You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

-D- wrote:

I think Axl's been watching Billy Madison too much.. enemy list? is he fucking 12 years old?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Cramer wrote:

So did this guy lose his 200 bucks or what? Have we heard from him? Will he be on a milk carton soon?

Concert was great btw...and Axl could have taken notes. It was a tight ship, with bands on very promptly. Hell Ozzy was done before Axl would have even made it out on stage.

hes supposed to be back from florida tomorrow

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well....firstly...i don;t think we should take the SRV comment too directly...I mean it was a throw away line and things sound like different things to different people - something about the solo reminded Axl of a SRV solo - but that doesn't mean it's going to sound exactly like SRV on the record.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the way Robin played Slash's stuff...but from his solo spots where he'd play a blues tune, it was clear he's got some chops in the blues...and things like the better solo, and even the blues solo hint at it.

Actually the more I think of it, even though robin is more industrial overall, I can imagine elements of his playing going the SRV route. Like he uses a lot of bends, and a lot of doublestop notes and droaning things...there is sort of a stylistic sloppyneess  to the way a song like "Cold Shot" is played...and Robin plays a little like that sometimes. So i can imagine it.

To me Chinese Democracy is both like and unlike the old band. Songs like Twat remind me of stuff like November Rain and Breakdown. But at the same time Better and Rhiad are not something that would have been on AFD. But then GNR has always been that way...there's always been a variety of styles...like You Aint the First is not really like Estranged or Jungle and so on. It's always been a band of Hybrid styles.

I'd love to hear more music one day. It seems from his comments that the newer works will go further in the direction of Better and My World and that kind of thing. And i'd like to hear it. To me it would be a great companion peace to the classic rock stuff slash is belting out. A really active Slash and a really active new-gnr is kinda a perfect world. We'd get a variety of new music in all different directions and stuff.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to hear more music one day. It seems from his comments that the newer works will go further in the direction of My World and that kind of thing.

1434995-vader_no_super.jpg

AtariLegend wrote:

It's hurt to "Gn'R" and to no ones benefit other than MSL. If I was a admin on a "Gn'R" forum which obviously I'm not, I'd delete the MSL jerk circle too.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Quite honestly, I don't blame mygnr for stopping the MSL threads. This thing has been going on for almost a month now and the guy has delivered almost nothing. Every thread about him or whatever he releases turns into the same attack thread after 4 or so pages. Why keep that going and why keep giving him attention?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's a dilemma the whole MSL thing. As i've said earlier I think it's clearly un-ethical and unacceptable behaviour from fans of the band. But of course I also like that we have freedom of speach. So it creates a problem for sure.

I can't get past the thought that if this did end the band. Or cause replacments and a subsequent 5 year re-tooling period.

What would you all think of the guy then? He's way out of line.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Yes and another dilemma is that it's bordering on illegal at this point. He is attempting to sell stolen and copyrighted property. He's also written several statements that would indicate he is trying to extort Axl for cash and has spoken to his people about this.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well we are trying to keep the amount of MSL threads to a minimum ...

there isnt much to talk about gnr wise at the moment, when they start up i'm sure most will forget about these past couple weeks will be forgotten

its another strange chapter to this saga...is it good or bad for the knowledge of it to be known or does it deserve to be swept under the rug?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

for the record i dont really hold too much interest in all these "Documents" but one day i would like to read an axl bio....an official book, not a draft mind you...i am curioius as to the reasons for Robin's departure, but i dont need to read personal correspondance between axl and robin

if anything i'd like to know who the rat is that provided MSL with this info more than know what is all there...i'm not one for reading other people's personal shit

Board footer