You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

ppp wrote:

Didn't he say it was some hacker in Sweden?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

is it good or bad for the knowledge of it to be known or does it deserve to be swept under the rug?

As much as I detest what MSL has done, I don't think it would be right to have censored the threads. I mean imagine something fucked happens like he leaked the docs, and it causes something bad to happen - like the band to change it's line up, or Axl to retire or any number of events - then like if the whole thread had been deleted originally we'd all never know why those things took place. One reason I don't really really post at HTGTH anymore is because for news it made it behind the times. Like there was an IRS leak or something - on here people were talking about how amazing the scream is...and over there it's limited to Axl's shoe size or whatever.

That said, I think we've all been blinded by our desire for new music, our interest in the band and it's unusual dealings, and, in my case my general interest in the inner workings of the music industry as someone who wants a career in the field. I think we need to take a step back and look at this for what it is.

It's someone who obtained stolen information about the band who made a video threatening and demanding things from the band or else he would cause that information to be leaked from china.

And we should therefore treat that person for what he is. He's someone who is presumably a fan, but has crossed all acceptable boundries.

Imagine if you hacked my email, found out some shit about me, and then demanded that I stick to some of my plans or else. And then solicited payment for your actions, or offered to trade with others who have also stolen my stuff.

I don't think you'd get a warm reception from people, and just because this is Axl it doesn't really make it all that different.

ppp

ppp wrote:

One thing that is really ironic about the HTGTH board these days is that it is actually one of the best places to find Slash/VR/Ex-members news. None of that is censored and they actually have more real Slash fans (not just anti-Axl folks) there than a lot of other boards. I wish they'd allow rumors and even have a Reunion forum because it would be nice to discuss that with some of the actual fans there and not have it devolve into an Axl/Slash pissing contest.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah one thing I like about this place is that there's a bit of everyone.

Like i'm a hardcore Slash fan, and also a hardcore Axl/New-GNR fan.

Here I can get excited about what CD2 would be like, or ponder what it would be like if there was a reunion, or get excited about Slash's new Album, or drool over bumblefoots guitar chops..or wonder exactly how high axl's top notes are....or all of the above.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well the original intent of this community was to take all news of anything related to gnr but Axl Rose is the primary gnr focus of many members here...with all that though...currently not much is happening for VR/Slash these days (well slash is on tour) but no "news" really...but the snakepit section was hoppin leading up the release of SLASH

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So, call me a nutswinger if you will, but I take his side 100% on this one.

monkeychow wrote:

Like i'm a hardcore Slash fan, and also a hardcore Axl/New-GNR fan.

monkey its scary how much i agree with the stuff you say 16 5

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

monkey its scary how much i agree with the stuff you say 16 5

Thanks man....if you ever come to Australia we should have a beer or something...maybe grab Metalalex and Aussie too...if i can talk them into moving cities wink

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Well I really only post here these days, but elsewhere I would only use another name if this one is taken. But yeah i dont get people with multiple accounts...why not just own your thoughts.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think Axl's been watching Billy Madison too much.. enemy list? is he fucking 12 years old?

I don't believe the list is real for a minute.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Cramer wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think Axl's been watching Billy Madison too much.. enemy list? is he fucking 12 years old?

I don't believe the list is real for a minute.

Yeah, it's not long enough. You'd miss 75,000,000 fans, too.

Board footer