You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

jamester wrote:

http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … thread=495

How much do the new members make and do past members still get paid?

MSL wrote:

while i may talk about this kind of stuff at some point, i'm gonna cool my jets a little bit after the enemy list and the better video info.

MSL wrote:

Re: Msl question about guns
« Reply #3 Today at 3:37pm »   
i posted info about the better video in the better video thread on mygnr

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=173571

MSL wrote:

The concept for the Better video is pretty wacky. Not sure if the video ever actually got made as I only have the video treatment and some rough sketches. Nicholas Peterson was slated as director. Set in a surreal world of desert rocks and valleys, the video is an allegory of a man who fell in love and couldn't let go.

According to the director, the video would be a mixture of traditional stop motion animation puppets and 2-D hand drawn animation.

The main character is named Stanley, a man who attempts to turn himself into a bird like creature to win the love of a wounded bird woman.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Hi Gang-
I had to log in and share how retarded this all is.

Back to lurking.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … thread=495

How much do the new members make and do past members still get paid?

MSL wrote:

while i may talk about this kind of stuff at some point, i'm gonna cool my jets a little bit after the enemy list and the better video info.

MSL wrote:

Re: Msl question about guns
« Reply #3 Today at 3:37pm »   
i posted info about the better video in the better video thread on mygnr

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=173571

MSL wrote:

The concept for the Better video is pretty wacky. Not sure if the video ever actually got made as I only have the video treatment and some rough sketches. Nicholas Peterson was slated as director. Set in a surreal world of desert rocks and valleys, the video is an allegory of a man who fell in love and couldn't let go.

According to the director, the video would be a mixture of traditional stop motion animation puppets and 2-D hand drawn animation.

The main character is named Stanley, a man who attempts to turn himself into a bird like creature to win the love of a wounded bird woman.

user "STAR" from mygnr emailed Nicholas Peterson, below is his response:

Yes I did indeed write that *treatment. It's an awesome idea I wrote for the song unfortunately it never happened. Maybe some day I can still make it.
Can I ask how you got a hold of the treatment?'
- NICK

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

^ As I said before fact can be stranger than fiction.

BLS Slash isn't on the list because it is a list of people that have supported/helped Slash.

I think the much bigger question is why isn't Mick Wall on it. 16

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

I thought this was interesting, someone at mygnr asked MSL:

MSL - any mention in the emails about the infamous tweet from Axl before Reading/Leeds 2010 and cancelling the tour?

He said:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i have multiple emails from axl from different time periods demanding that all GNR operations be shut down immediately. i even have the email before he makes the tweet where he tells everyone he is going to make the announcement on twitter.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Lol, I can believe that alright.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah..i always thought something like that was likely to be the case.

I mean he has a reputation for getting wildly angry at times then cooling down.

I'm sure in the heat of the moment he felt like shutting down stuff then felt better.

My personal view is that Axl is the best rock frontman out there, and to me the temper and the more 'negative' parts of his personality are the price you pay for that much creativity and sensitivity that lets him do so well at the good stuff GNR does.

People are complex creatures, Axl seems to be able to go from a smart, relaxed funny guy like he was on Eddie Trunk, to an angry wild person like he was at the St Louis riot...for me I accept that for what it is and remain a fan.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah unfortunately I think this shit just seems to go with the territory with him.  These aspects are part of the quirkiness of his personality that actually make him a good frontman and artist.

If only they could be harnessed for good more often.

Board footer