You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Its worth it to see for Axl only.  Lets keep the two separate.  Axl is a must see, his backing band is not.  After seeing all the videos in the other thread, its not even close.  That was a must see band.  Axl is a must see front man/singer.  Just like Slash is a must see player, which is why so many of you went to his solo shows, cause you don't see an icon like that on a daily basis.

Ehh, yeah and no. I'd go out of my way to see Tommy Stinson. That guy is "real deal" rocker.

But yeah, let's be honest - people (anyone) are going for Axl. And there's nothing wrong with that. Back in 2002, I would've went for Bucket.

But beyond that, despite the fact that Axl's incarnations of GN'R have been the best "new band" of these re-created 80's acts, beyond Axl, and maybe Tommy - I could care less.

That's why I would go. I'm certaintly not going for DJ Ashba and Richard Fortus. Come on.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

See I think Chinese is a good opener... I just DON'T THINK they should follow it with Jungle. It's a momentum killer. It doesn't work.

It'd make more sense to play Chinese, THEN play It's So Easy.

Save Jungle to open the encore.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the more cd the better for me but, if they're gonna play mostly hits, jungle '06 is by far the best opener of all.

if they stick with cd i wish they'd have bbf play bucket's opening guitar riff and add a real base drum over that rather than ashba playing his riff over the entire recorded intro.

then save jungle for encore.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Its worth it to see for Axl only.  Lets keep the two separate.  Axl is a must see, his backing band is not.  After seeing all the videos in the other thread, its not even close.  That was a must see band.  Axl is a must see front man/singer.  Just like Slash is a must see player, which is why so many of you went to his solo shows, cause you don't see an icon like that on a daily basis.

That's the only reason 90% are going.  It's the only reason I'd go.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I always dug the way it was on the set lists but they never played live; CD, Scraped, then Jungle and It's So Easy.

And I think Jungle can work as 2nd or 3rd if they drop the echoed beginning (ala UYI Tour). Do Chinese, maybe something else, then have Axl talk to the crowd for a bit ending whatever comments he makes with "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE?" and have the band come in under it.

It still doesn't work that way. Axl can't come out and kick off with 1 or 2 songs, stop all momentum, fake a rant, then kick off Jungle.

It's still a momentum killer. Jungle doesn't work that way as a song, unless it's like 6 or 7 songs into the set, like in the 1992 shows.

Like I said, CD works as an opener, but it needs a song that it can immediately break into like It's So Easy or Brownstone, hell even Perfect Crime would work. But Jungle - it ain't.

Jungle only works if it is the lone opener, mid-set, or used to open the encore.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:

the more cd the better for me but, if they're gonna play mostly hits, jungle '06 is by far the best opener of all.

if they stick with cd i wish they'd have bbf play bucket's opening guitar riff and add a real base drum over that rather than ashba playing his riff over the entire recorded intro.

then save jungle for encore.

Wait, what? You mean the riff at the intro to the song? The one Robin played live and on the record?

bucket's riff that coincides with the base drum, leading up to robin's/ashba's riff.

both should be played live by band rather than by recording.

johndivney wrote:

i agree w/axlin08 re: Jungle's placement in the set. if it were track #4 or 5 & then Axl did the, "d'you know where the fuck..." it'd work much better. CD into Jungle is too slow, both the intro's are too long when they run beside each other.

& i agree w/war that CD's intro should be live rather than recording. this band takes so many fucking short cuts & lazy options.

Board footer