You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: New Madonna single to feature M.I.A and Nikki Minaj

Axlin16 wrote:

Great points. GaGa basically took Madonna's ball and now even music lovers don't want Madonna to have it back. Too old, too irrelevant, yesterday's news. Most "kids" today listening to GaGa & Minaj weren't even born when VOGUE was released.

I also think pop ages VERY quickly and I think usually those acts frequently become punchlines very quickly.

Rock always ages well. A kid today can run around to his friends and say "I love Guns N' Roses! I just saw Axl and he rocked!" and because it's rock it would be considered 'okay' even among the young.

Now replace Axl with Madonna. Most likely you'd be laughed at. Pop is that way. If you would've promoted how much of a Donna Summer can you were in the late 80's more than likely you would've been dismissed even among Poison fans. Pop never ages well.

That also goes in Axl Rose's favor. Rockers are always given more free passes as they age. Mick Jagger will always be cool even to a 16 year old. Does he know why? No, not at all. It's just the stigma of "he's a rock star".

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Oh that edgy Madonna.  Should have done this 30 years ago, would've been much more well received.

http://www.noise11.com/news/grow-up-mad … dium=email

Grow Up Madonna

by VVN Music on June 12, 2012

Madonna is, undoubtedly, one of the most popular entertainers of the last quarter century and for good reason. She has had a very long run of hits that are varied in style and, most of the time, her live shows are exciting and extremely entertaining.

Is that not enough?

Case in point, her Thursday night concert in Istanbul, Turkey. While performing her song Human Nature, she began to strip off her top and, after getting down to her bra, popped open a flap to expose her nipple to the crowd.

There is no doubt that this was a deliberate act, not a “wardrobe malfunction” like Janet Jackson. Media is reporting that she did it in support of a current women’s movement in Turkey against Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogen who is calling for the end of abortion in the country where it has been allowed, up through the first 10 weeks, for almost 40 years. There is also a provision that would ban most C-Sections.

Madonna turned around after the incident to reveal “No Fear” written on her back, presumably in support of the “My Body is Mine” campaign.

There’s no problem that she wants to support Turkish women in their campaign, but wouldn’t it be better to make a statement during the show or at a press conference? Is it really necessary to pull one of her “outrageous stunts” that may or may not even get the point across and may or may not actually overshadow the statement?

It’s time for Madonna to stop pulling these stunts in an attempt to shock and get publicity. She has the talent and the legacy to continue to record music for many more years and to continue to put on ticket-selling, entertaining shows without degrading herself with such silliness.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

First slamming Lady GaGa, completely unproked, and now her old ass is doing this?

Madonna 53 is not really the new 37. Only to the old skanks in Hollywood and the music entertainment scene.

53 has always been 53.

No one wants to see it. Keep it wrapped up. You're too old.

Nothing but another attention-seeking, DESPERATE moment on her part to gain back and drained and lost Super Bowl momentum.

Board footer