You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

smoke wrote:

Like it, look forward to more.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

The name of ‘Blood and Fire,’ a newly-previewed song from Van Halen‘s ‘A Different Kind of Truth’ album, probably won’t ring familiar to longtime fans of the band. But Alex Van Halen’s beat and Eddie Van Halen’s noodling on the track may take some knowledgeable fans back to the mid-’80s. That’s because the new song — previewed in the video below — is based on an instrumental called ‘Ripley’ from ‘The Wild Life’ movie.

Rolling Stone first revealed the 90 second clip of he song, but we can thank an old article on the Van Halen News Desk for explaining the origins of the track. ‘The Wild Life’ was released on VHS in 1984 and starred Chris Penn. Eddie Van Halen wrote the score for the movie, but only one song (‘Donut City’) was included on the official soundtrack. Others, including ‘Ripley,’ are heard throughout the Cameron Crowe directed flick.

This is the third song confirmed to be a reincarnation of a previous effort from the David Lee Roth led quartet. Their first single, ‘Tattoo‘ was based off of the 1977 unreleased track ‘Down in Flames,’ and ‘She’s the Woman‘ (a song heard at the Jan. 5 show in New York City) was originally recorded in 1976.

‘A Different Kind of Truth’ hits stores on Feb. 7. The band begins their American tour on Feb. 18. Click here to enter an Ultimate Classic Rock contest to win two tickets a show of your choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Y7ZqN8Ksdg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … X3yOWhdA#!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

New song preview:
[youtube]tY7ZqN8Ksdg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Reminds me a lot of Diver Down material which is a good thing IMO.

DLR Van Halen always struck me as The Beach Boys of metal. It feels like that again. The music just puts a smile on my face.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Another song, with an "Ice Cream Man" kind of vibe.  I didn't think much of it at first, but listening a second time I can't wait to see where this song goes.

[youtube]qyuXCfKzfko&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Also, another song can be heard in full on this site with the audio player on the left.  Blood and Fire can also be heard in full.  Apparently those two songs are available to purchase on Amazon UK.

The Trouble With Never
http://www.vanhalenradio.com/vanhalenra … g-up-soon/

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Those songs were great! Can't wait to hear the rest of the amazing!! The mighty Van Halen is about to shake the rock world once again in only a few weeks! big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I like Blood and Fire and The Trouble With Never better than Tattoo. But all three sound pretty cool.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

So far...

Blood and Fire - unimpressed
Stay Frosty - sounds friggin' awesome 9

need to hear more.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Stay Frosty starts quite odd sounding to me, aside from the cool acoustic guitar. But towards the end, it sounds like it's turing into a really cool groovy track!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Stay Frosty is just an insane track to me. It's like bluegrass meets jazz-hipster vocals, and then blows up into 1984 arena rock VH.

Lotta stuff goin on in there.

Board footer