You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Sky Dog wrote:

I like that one....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Chinatown sounds like a great rocker!!! big_smile The speed of the track..MY GOD!!! xD I'm like..YES YES...!!! It keeps getting better from here! Come on February 7'th..it's taking forever!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

True. It usually takes 8 or 9 months for an album to be released after an announcement or sometimes the case when a band leaves the album in the can and releases it after they go on tour. We need Van Halen now more than ever!!! xD Only 10 more days!! I'm making plans with a friend to travel up to NC for the weekend and see them in Greensboro and then leave and head back home the following morning.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Nice!! Have a rocking time!! I'm going to wear my VH 1984 world tour shirt that I got a year ago. Wish I could get my CDs signed by Dave & Eddie!! Oh well. At least I'll have a kick ass show that will be more than worth the price me and my friend are paying for the tickets. I saw the Foo Fighters in DC a few months ago and they played about a 3 hour set with two other bands (Social Distortion (great set which lasted about a half hour, 45min), and the Joy Formidable (which was around 20 minutes or more). They blew the roof off the place and I got okay seats; but the video screens helped a ton and I was able to see the back of the stage and Dave being awesome from those high seats.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah once I graduate college and commit to a full time job, I'm going to be going to concerts none stop with friends. xD Only about a year or so to go. I'm glad you took that chance. As long as you get to see the mighty Van Halen, anything is grand!! Very true!! On this tour Eddie should be playing better than ever, since he's fully rested from his hand surgery, happily married and 100% clean & sober. Dave's singing has been quite impressive from what I've seen especially in his years. Alex still pounds and proves he's one of the greats. Wolf's doing a great job playing the bass riffs and now people can put their money where their mouth is since he's going to playing his own material now. Just got annoyed by all the hating comments about the guy. I'm like great now we have VH and GNR trolls and band member hater comments. I think his backing vocals mixed well with Dave's recordings from what I've seen of some of the songs so far. ..and also some of Eddie's too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I am digging what I am hearing so far. Chinatown sounds killer but it is really lacking Michael Anthony's backing vocals. Which would have brought up the vocals to be on par with Eddie's playing. I am still buying the record and if tickets weren't 100 and change I would have went.

Board footer