You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Furbush wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thanks man!!! big_smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

just gonna wait till next week. im actually pumped for this

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

A quick check of 'The Bay shows that Blood & Fire, Tattoo and The Trouble With Never are all available, complete and in one torrent.

I may like "Blood & Fire" even more than "Tattoo".  I've only listened to it a couple of times, but it gets stuck in my head quite easily, which is always a good sign.  I wonder what kind of sales this album will do.  I had convinced myself that rock albums just can't sell anymore.  I may have to go back and re-evaluate that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Is it weird that this will be the first ever Van Halen album I will own?

Bad, D. Bad, bad, bad!

I can't believe how excited about this I am. I meant it when I called them The Beach Boys of metal. I love the way Roth's voice has aged. They're not pretending to be anything than what they are. I'm glad they dipped back into the archives.

I was thinking about the Eddie Trunk deal. You know, he's "friends" with certain musicans and they get a lot of praise from him. He's very close to Sammy. And from the sounds of it, Eddie Van Halen won't give him the time of day... There's a pattern here....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know I was just thinking that. I heard Roth and I immediately thought of David Coverdale.

Like Coverdale, Roth's voice has aged beautifully. Although Roth is not a premiere vocalist, he's 'right' for VH, and his voice has such as smooth, buttery, vintage rock sound to it.

Diamond Dave might sound better today than he did back in the day. He sounds SWEET on these new tracks. Frankly... he might be the 'most' on the album. He is STILL the man, and VERY unique after all these years.

From the clips I hear, he sounds like he's driving the car musically, rather than Eddie back in the day. Dave is the standout so far imo.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

A quick check of 'The Bay shows that Blood & Fire, Tattoo and The Trouble With Never are all available, complete and in one torrent.

I may like "Blood & Fire" even more than "Tattoo".  I've only listened to it a couple of times, but it gets stuck in my head quite easily, which is always a good sign.  I wonder what kind of sales this album will do.  I had convinced myself that rock albums just can't sell anymore.  I may have to go back and re-evaluate that.

I think it'll sell like 'Black Ice' did for AC/DC, or even better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

You know I was just thinking that. I heard Roth and I immediately thought of David Coverdale.

Like Coverdale, Roth's voice has aged beautifully. Although Roth is not a premiere vocalist, he's 'right' for VH, and his voice has such as smooth, buttery, vintage rock sound to it.

Diamond Dave might sound better today than he did back in the day. He sounds SWEET on these new tracks. Frankly... he might be the 'most' on the album. He is STILL the man, and VERY unique after all these years.

From the clips I hear, he sounds like he's driving the car musically, rather than Eddie back in the day. Dave is the standout so far imo.

I would say the whole band is turning out to be something special yet again.  I haven't heard Eddie play this amazing in awhile. Dave has proven that he is still the man. His voice has improved so much over the last few years. If you listen to Me Wise Magic and then go to Trouble with Never..you can see the awesome improvement. Everything else in the band (studio wise) is syncing pretty well.  The Mighty Van Halen everybody !!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Pulled the trigger on this:
http://i40.tinypic.com/i38b45.jpg
Actually comes with an mp3 download too so I won't feel bad about torrenting the album this Friday.  smile

So lemme ask, what in the hell does "Limited Tour Collector's Super Duper Edition" mean?

What extras are involved? Sammy on Me Wise Magic? What? 16

Board footer