You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

russtcb wrote:
smoke wrote:

Oh, for the days of disposable income... smile Sounds like a sweet rig.

I will say this; this last year was a very good, unexpected year to me financially and if I'm being honest, I spent WAY more on entertainment than I should've. Having said that I got the receiver for about $250 and the speakers for about $120 on Amazon (current models) and I can't recommend enough that others do the same lol.

Hopefully this photo shows up in the general forum, if not, I can re-post it:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash … 9587_n.jpg

Woww..the set up looks great. Love the color of the vinyl. : D It would be amazing to hear those songs that way. I can hear the boys now on it! My room would explode with some good rock.  I am definitely going to invest in vinyl in the near future once i start saving up and make some investments.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Hell...If I'd known they would be adding a Baltimore date, then I would go during the summer. I didn't know the tour would last this long. This is great. This Saturday, i'm going to rocking out to the boys with a friend of mine and his dad who is a fan in Greensboro. big_smile So excited! Been waiting for this show for a long time. Took forever to get a plan together.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Thanks Russ! : D I'll make sure to post some pics if they come out good in this forum section. cool It's about a 5 hour trip from where I am in Maryland and so I will be leaving Saturday morning sometime around 9am. So when we get there we will getting some lunch and dinner on the way. Going to eat a big meal and might get myself a concert t-shirt when I get to the venue. Also bringing some VH CDs; so If I spot Dave, Eddie or one of the guys before the show, i'll see if they can sign them...but that's a big "If". lol 14  Detroit does sound like a cool trip if I get to meet up with you and a few of the cool guys from this forum. I don't know if I will have the money then; plus I don't have a ride at the moment. So maybe another time. Thanks for the offer my friend. 5 During the show I'm going to be singing along to VH tunes, partying, and humming along to some Kool songs too.  9 Our original third guy for the trip had to bail because of studying for upcoming tests, so it took awhile to find another person. But..yeah..I'll let you and the others know about the awesome experience when I get back Sunday afternoon. big_smile

Me_Wise_Magic

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING!! EDDIE WAS FUCKING ON FIRE!!! THE GUITARS WERE LOUD AND THE CROWD WAS GREAT! big_smile Dave was being himself and had so much energy on stage doing kicks and spins and dancing all over the place. He forget a few song lyrics I think it was Dance the Night Away and one other song. There were alot of young people there. Wolfgang was very essential to this show as he was kicking ass and singing alot on the mic and doing great on bass. Alex was destroying it on the drums and was creating freaking thunder in there. It was just magic! The video screens helped; but I could see the whole band on stage. Just I found the constant switching between black/white and color with random video and screen shot changes to be rather unnecessary; but it was just fine with me. It was a tad humid in the building; but thank goodness for water. lol  Kool & The Gang had such great energy and played good. Van Halen got on about 40 minutes after they finished. Got myself a concert t-shirt. My party's ears kind of hurt except mine cause I knew what to except. We had a big meal at Olive Garden before the show at 7:30pm and waited by watching people party and jam to VH music in their vehicles.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Thanks man! One of those concerts to remember in my book. I do want to see them again sometime in the near future. big_smile I got the black one with the train album logo and other details with the tour dates on the back. Oh cool man!! xD A bit pricey, but it's so cool. : D Plus I got a big size so it will last quite a long time. Wolfie gets so much shit on the comments on facebook. Without him, their probably would be no new album or an extended tour. The guy is great and a great part of the band. This tour is proving that those guys can go fuck themselves. He's only a couple of months older than me and he can do all that shit.  He definitely has his father's talents and blood. He's really stepping out and showing his individual talents that are giving the band that friendly energy to make the fans like us happy. I just want to give the guy a high five. Hoping they release some new music in the next few years. I couldn't get any pictures though since I left my camera at the hotel room in my suitcase and plus I was so immersed in singing along and throwing up the horns to the band. 14 9

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Gotta catch this somewhere. maybe Knoxville.

Me_Wise_Magic

Dude...go!!! Bring some friends, a chick, or some random dude! It's totally worth the price of admission! XD They shook the roof off the place with the sound!!

Board footer