You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:

I just learned that the ONLY way to get the album on vinyl in the US is through Live Nation for FIFTY FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS.....for a double LP set.

What. The. Fuck.

Goddamnitsomuch....fuck you Azoff!

Yeah...Live Nation can go fuck itself. $199-$699 for VIP packages or ultimate VIP packages. ..and they don't even include getting a photo or a meet & greet with the band either. Looks like I'll just try to get okay setting when I go to one of the shows through Ticketmaster. Even though I hate the fucking $10 extra fees. I'll probably pick up the album at either Hot Topic or Best Buy the week it comes out. Definitely getting the deluxe version.  lol I love how Dave is doing alot of promoting and staying in touch with the fans. Eddie is getting a little better at it too. Everyone seems in good spirits. Even though I wish I owned a EVH Wolfgang guitar. Money is always in the way!! xP 17 Azoff is just an asshole when it comes to planning a tour. He almost screwed up financing the last GNR US tour on the grounds he had to do it properly on legal terms.  Live Nation and Ticketmaster charged a ton of money for ticket prices/packages for Roger Water's THE WALL in DC (and probably every other area in the U.S.). From what I've heard and seen on the internet, it's an amazing show & experience. BUT..I'm not paying $250 or more for tickets for a 2 hour show based off an album I got for less than $30 and can now listen to anytime for free. 17  Dark Side, The Wall, Piper, and Wish You Were Here are my favorite Floyd albums. 9  That just pisses me off and the Pink Floyd fan community in general.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow..considering ticket prices in the usa are normally cheaper than here I'm frightened of what it would be if VH come down under.

I guess these sort of prices pay for torrenting the album? wink

Actually, to be honest there's bands where I would be happy to pay a shitload for a guaranteed front row spot. I paid a stupid amount to see hulk hogan from the front row..(to validate all those childhood dreams)....and I know the front is awesome at rock shows of your favourite artists...and sometimes it's a bit of a struggle to get there naturally.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That's pretty much the case in the nut shell. Live Nation is just the scum of the earth when it comes to over expensive deals.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Tough call- the only way to not feed into it is not to buy it. So, you either suffer, or feed into it.

I'm a stubborn prick, but I know I'd cave for the right album if I really had to, so don't beat yourself up over it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer