You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Live At The Joint - Las Vegas, NV (Dec. 30th, 2011)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Okay I feel a little better about the money.

I've downloaded/ripped the entire show, so at least I got something to hold on to after that disaster last night.

What I meant about Civil War was that in LA you can't hear most of the "What we've got here is...." quote. It finally kicks in around "some men you just can't..." and you can't hear Richards guitar part at all during the intro.

I listened/watched it this afternoon.

It was all there, and was a great performance too.

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Oh and btw Maddy, that was a pretty dick comment. Really easy to "Saturday Morning Quarterback" all of us in this thread who had a basically FLAWLESS rollout of LA, expecting the same for Vegas, and somehow we're stupid for paying for it anyway.

The fuck?

I can see where madagas is coming from, but it doesn't surprise me people would pay to see a live show from the comfort of their own home.  It's not like they were charging $50.  Most of us could spare the $5 or whatever price you paid.  I didn't pay because it didn't really fit into my schedule and I didn't think it was worth it if I didn't see it live.  Honestly though, people go nuts on here just getting setlist updates, not sure why it would be a surprise that THIS is something people would pay for.  I think it's an awesome move on their part and hope they do more of it in the future, albeit without the technical issues.

After I watched/downloaded the show earlier today and saw how good of a show it was, I tamed a bit on it.

The price is still/was a good price.

What I DON'T LIKE is GNR's policy of constantly changing prices.

Get this...

Facebook friends - $3.99

GNR.com Mailing List (me) - $5.99

Pre-sale - $7.99

Day of show - $9.99

During the show - Opening 2 songs, Shackler's, and Encore = free for everyone

That kinda pisses me off. To me the mailing list & FB & Twitter nerds all need to have the same price level.

And I think the "free" shit needs to be axed. iClips fucking butchered it last night during the opening.

If GN'R is gonna "try to get the free stream" back up, then just make the whole thing free.

Don't fuck over fans by having FANS pay for it, and have the net trolls get it for free.

russtcb wrote:

Found the video files at htgth, they're coming down now. I'm gonna throw them on the desktop in case we decide to watch some of it later on tonight.

I'm off tomorrow but expect to be recovering from the party most of the day. I'll try later tomorrow to get the audio up for this one same as LA.

Just be careful when ripping "Whole Lotta Rosie" over to MP3/FLAC, because the audio quality is utter shit. You can hear everything loudly, but there's TONS of static throughout the song, worse through the guitar soloing.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Ill have the show on You Tube soon ill put the link up here too

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

My review by song:

Believe it or not, this was an incredibly STRONG show, despite all of the issues with iClips. GN'R was on fire though... mostly.

1. Chinese Democracy
--- awesome

2. Welcome To The Jungle
--- fucking awesome; I think this is one of those songs that Axl sings perfectly still. I hope he uses this to open the Hall of Fame performance.

3. It's So Easy
--- fucking awesome also; the song pops beyond the normal, tons of energy.

4. Mr. Brownstone
--- good 2006-style performance; DJ fucking owned on the solo

5. Sorry
--- FUCKING AMAZING; FAR better than LA 2011, FAR better, Axl & DJ were the shining moments

6. Shackler's Revenge
--- LA was album-worthy, but Vegas 2011: Night 1 was ALOT better; Axl & Ron were fucking ON

7. Estranged
--- strong performance as always if 2006 Axl had done it; Axl tries to do dolphins sounds with his mouth mid-song was a funny moment

8. Rocket Queen
--- a strong 2006 performance; some guitar hiccups

9. Motivation
--- great solo spot for Tommy; nice performance, sorry they didn't play this live when I saw them, Tommy's needed something like this for years

10. Better
--- an odd performance, Axl seems to be vocally fast in places and his pacing from the band is off; still one of the better 2011 performances of the song; not the best; really like DJ's solo (not Robin tho)

---. Richard Solo (Bond Theme)
--- great; really think this showcases Richard's ability; he is alot better than I ever gave him credit for over the years

11. Live and Let Die
--- a straight-forward 2002 performance, take that as you want

12. This I Love
--- fanfuckingtastic performance, heard better tho; DJ's solo is alot better than Robin's. although I still prefer the orchestra to the guitar

13. Riff Raff
--- showcases the band's amazing abilties from guitar players to Frank "Thunderchucker" Ferrer... but then again so does TWAT; this is a fucking BORING song even if Bon Scott and old AC/DC were up there

---. Dizzy Solo (Baba O'Riley)
--- Dizzy's the fucking man, what else can be said

14. Street of Dreams
--- meh; 2002 Axl + 2006 limp piano version of the song = mediocrity

15. You Could Be Mine
--- HOLY SHIT, REALLY strong 2006 performance; best YCBM in a REALLY REALLY long time; FAR surpassing the SHIT version I heard in Orlando; this one has a band tone w/ 92-93 isms

---. DJ Solo (Ballad of Death)
--- still an amazing piece; LOVE IT

16. Sweet Child O' Mine
--- hasn't been good since '93; is what it is

---. Band Solo (Another Brick In The Wall) - love the band vibe here, they all play it very welll; would be kinda cool if it was used as an Encore opener, rather than a mid-set band solo

17. November Rain
--- weird performance; band was absolute super; Axl does the whole thing 2002, then closes it with a full blown 1992 relapse - HUH? I was stunned

18. Don't Cry
--- Decent 2006-type performance

19. Whole Lotta Rosie
--- iClips sound was atrocious, tons of static; AC/DC with 2002 Axl = ewww; Axl seemed to finish strong tho

20. Civil War
--- A really strong performance, at least equal to the LA show; so sorry they didn't play this at my show, because the song vocally "works" for Axl and everytime he performs it's a flashback to the UYI shows; the band fucking LOVES playing it too, alot of passion like Estranged

21. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
--- Despite the extended length, and dying hardcore fan interest, the song stayed entertaining and Axl even slipped into some 92-93 isms on the song; good performance

22. Nightrain
--- GREAT performance. Band hits on all cylinders, Axl's rasp returns, although he struggles towards the end, but still a powerful performance.

Encore:
23. Madagascar
--- Quite possibly one of the best Madagascar's i've ever heard. A fantastic performance on all accounts. Axl sounds like his own multi-layered studio version!

24. Patience
--- Like November Rain, another weird performance. At one point Axl locks out the song and transforms from 93-Axl to 2002-Axl MID-VERSE! I guess his throat trapped shut. Other than that, Patience was actually stronger than normal.

25. Paradise City
-- A full 2001-02 performance. Reminiscent of Rio III vocally. Hints of rasp with helium. Interesting factoid: Axl does the "Dead Horse" lamb vocal in the opening.

Overall: This actually was a really strong show to my shock, after all of the iClips fuck ups. I liked the show ALOT more than LA 2011. A - LOT. So I guess to take the sting out of the iClips disaster was their was a GREAT show hidden in there. I very much HIGHLY recommend this download. Diehard fans will NOT be disappointed at what they see. To come away from 2011 with ONE purely STRONG pro-shot GN'R show, out of the three is a GREAT WAY to send of the great GN'R 2011 for myself and many others.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The full show can be downloaded right here at Evo:

Courtesy of myself and gibbo:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11394&p=1

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Facebook friends - $3.99

Wait, hold on a second??? They charge for being friends on Facebook.

Fuck, litterally. They certainly didn't charge with MYSpace when they used that 2006. That's Metallica level farcial.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Whoa whoa, they don't charge for being Facebook friends.

That was the price they offered as a "special deal" for the iClips show last night.

FB friends got the best 'coupon' basically.

AtariLegend wrote:

Oh okay tongue.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Haha, yeah dude i'd shit too if that were the case. 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I paid 5 bucks to be their Twitter pal. LOL

Board footer