You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Live At The Joint - Las Vegas, NV (Dec. 30th, 2011)

apex-twin wrote:

Good ears on Hello. Twas a decent jam, but I personally enjoyed the O2 jam more.

Of course, the best MLK solo was the courtesy of Bucket in Leeds.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

I love those performances.  Thanks for posting the vids.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Ali, I think the Joint show was flat out fucking awesome. Not the best of this tour, but damn damn good, and better than The Forum, and fucking Rock In Rio II compared to the abysmal Rock In Rio IV earlier this year.

For a band thought dead (by me), they've come a LONG way to rise above and make a comeback. Gotta give them huge props for doing just that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

^Great, now I hear it. Originally I was thinking it was like a jazzed up riff on some Madagascar riff, and then I thought it sounded sort of like Explosions In The Sky... now it's just creepy drama teacher to catch a predator.

I've honestly been holding off on posting that for weeks, I really didn't wanna ruin it for everyone else. I kinda like Hello, so the similarities are good by me.

russtcb wrote:

I totally meant to flat out ask the band about the Hello thing when I had a chance and kept forgetting!

Does anybody, or can anybody figure out what jam Ron & Richard play to intro Paradise City?

It's bugging the hell out of me, but I could SWEAR that it's a Rolling Stones song.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Does anybody, or can anybody figure out what jam Ron & Richard play to intro Paradise City?

It's bugging the hell out of me, but I could SWEAR that it's a Rolling Stones song.

Very simple...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

After watching some of these videos, I gotta say it. Axl sounds fucking terrible.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think the timbre (or lack thereof) is covered up by the warmness of the venue and huge ass amplification employed therein.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Board footer