You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl Rose's Religion

Axlin16 wrote:

My guess has always been he keeps an open mind and believes a little bit of everything, he just doesn't subscribe to organized religion, because of the harsh experiences he had growing up with a hard ass old school preacher stepdad.

One thing we know for sure... he's not Atheist. He has never come across that way at all. He's always been very much of an "explorer of the universe".

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

And that "explorer Of The Universe" personality was really what I wanted to have this topic be about

KionaSko
 Rep: 1 

KionaSko wrote:

Axl speaking on if music incites violence...

"...If you wanna - like - point fingers and say what influences people in a bad way, and - most powerful influence in like, what damage has been done, it like the Bilbe has caused more wars and death than anything by people reacting to it however people feel like they should react to this, more than any other book."
Axl Rose – Famous Last Words interview (1990)

Personally I don’t think he is into following any organised religion but I do feel that he believes (or at least believed up until 1994) in some like of higher power. There has been no genuine talk about Axl’s spiritual beliefs since his “come back”, but then again there have been VERY few interviews with Axl anyway and the few that exist generally focus on the old line-up/reunion/law suits.

One could argue that there are signs in some songs on CD (This I love) where he sings "Please God you must believe me" but that doesn’t really prove anything as it could just be one of those things people say (if you think about how people throw around god’s name nowadays). I also heard that that song was written in the 90s so it could also stem from his beliefs back then?

All I know is that he used to come across as a bit of a spiritualist but his current take on faith, idk. He almost always wears a cross though...

Lomax wrote:
KionaSko wrote:

He almost always wears a cross though...

yeah.... but they just look cool regardless of religion

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:
KionaSko wrote:

True I guess, but I personally would never wear something which has such a meaning unless I am a follower of that certain thing.

I would never wear a cross, just like I would never get married in a church because "it looks nice".

Surprisingly many people do it that way though, so if that's Axl case, he's not in a class of his own.

Lomax wrote:
DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:
KionaSko wrote:

True I guess, but I personally would never wear something which has such a meaning unless I am a follower of that certain thing.

I would never wear a cross, just like I would never get married in a church because "it looks nice".

Surprisingly many people do it that way though, so if that's Axl case, he's not in a class of his own.

Ahh but really why would you not wear a cross? It's kinda the same reason.
Axl might wear it just because it looks nice.

You might choose not to because you don't want to be someone who wears things just because they look nice.

Either way the deciding factor "just because it looks nice" is what's driving you both. Which is kinda cool, were not all that different.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl's always had a thing for crosses. If you look at the Estranged video, there's HUGE wooden one in his house.

Not to mention the alternate AFD cover, AND the cross tattoo on his arm.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

And are the crosses a symbol of his beliefs, or is it because of a fascination, or just because they look nice/cool? We might never know.....

Lomax wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

And are the crosses a symbol of his beliefs, or is it because of a fascination, or just because they look nice/cool? We might never know.....

Deep. And that right there breaks my heart, because not only do I want to know what religion he is I want to know what brand toilet paper he uses. And I may never know... sad

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

A religious belief is much more significant than toiltet paper. And if your against the discussion of it, then you shouldn't written on thzis topic from the start

Board footer