You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

BLS-Pride wrote:

I love Vegas too. I actually brought up going to one of these shows to my girlfriend. Her response was not unless she comes and we get hitched... Sorry Axl I will not be attending. 16

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think anyone would have a hard time not having fun at a GNR show.
I've even been known to get into Live And Let Die in the front row.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I am with Bono on his comments.

I mean this doesn't surprise me in the least how low Axl has sunk.

Why would a talented and creative guitarist named Buckethead leave? Oh because he clearly knew the train wasn't moving for a while and did not want his talent to be cooped up.

Robin Finck left again, not wanting his talent to go to waste.

I really hope Tommy Stinson leaves the band and focuses on his solo career and other projects. The dude is talented and it isn't punk to be playing in a cash grab band.

And really pathetic on his part for using the Appetite shit. It has been said over and over again.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, to be fair, Finck's talent is yet to be discovered because it's not playing guitar.  There's still hope for him.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I love Vegas too. I actually brought up going to one of these shows to my girlfriend. Her response was not unless she comes and we get hitched... Sorry Axl I will not be attending. 16

Damn, she plays hardball. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Honestly, I am a bit worried about Axl doing this and the private birthday party

Guys maybe he IS fucking broke?

the guy seems to hate touring and here lately is a touring machine

remember the story how he didn't wanna do the UYI tour but management told him he'd lose his mansion so he did it?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Damn, she plays hardball. 16

She is just very smart. Too smart. Me and Vegas with out her.. I wouldn't trust me either.

I dunno why they are playing these shows and don't care. I would rather see new material than another leg of this never ending show. But I would go if I had all the ability too and time off. It is vegas and Axl Rose. Pretty sweet way to kick off a night of hell and black outs than at a "gnr" show.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

My favorite band is playing shows in my favorite city. Seems like a great match for me. Nothing "low" about it. Saw Garth Brooks there a year ago and it was amazing. The Chairman of the Board and The King of Rock & Roll have held sold out runs there. Why not the best front man alive today?

True

Prince had a huge residency there.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

For every 'wow, Axl is weird' story, there's Kevin Smith's account of his time working for Prince to compliment it! smile

I'm not sure if Axl not liking touring is accurate. In the "original plan" there was supposed to be a bunch of touring after Chinese, right into album two, touring, and then the third "would be ready". There's another place where he talked about touring a bunch to support it.

The UYI tour was gigantic, so, at some point he had to have been up on that - at least generally touring from 1991 into 1993. I believe the issue with being forced to go out on tour in 91 was 1.) the album wasn't done, 2.) his divorce stuff, but the dates and promoters had already been lined up. I hadn't heard the losing the house stuff, but I guess he'd have to make good the losses the partnership would face.

Board footer