You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Stepvhen wrote:

Last game I bought was Force unleashed for the wii. sooo much fun

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

NPD: Modern Warfare 2 Sells 6 Million, New Super Mario Bros. 1.39 Million In November

As widely expected, Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 moved over 6 million copies in the U.S. last month on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, making the first-person shooter November's best selling video game.

Settling for third, behind the two versions of Modern Warfare 2, was Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which managed 1.39 million copies. Nintendo's latest Mario adventure for the Wii did so with five fewer days on U.S. store shelves.

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed II came closest to reaching New Super Mario Bros. Wii, with 794,700 units on the 360, 448,400 on the PS3. Combined, Assassin's Creed II came even closer, with 1,243,100 copies sold across both platforms.

The Xbox 360 and Wii tied for the number of top ten games appearing on each platform. The Xbox 360 scored top showings with Left 4 Dead 2 and Dragon Age: Origins, with Wii bestsellers Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort continuing to score big figures.

The full top ten, according to the NPD Group is as follows.

01. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360) - 4,200,000
      02. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) - 1,870,000
      03. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) - 1,390,000
      04. Assassin's Creed II (Xbox 360) - 794,700
      05. Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) - 744,000
      06. Wii Sports Resort (Wii) - 720,200
      07. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) - 679,000
      08. Assassin's Creed II (PS3) - 448,400
      09. Dragon Age: Origins (Xbox 360) - 362,100
      10. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - 315,000

Total software sales were a relatively healthy $1.406B, down just 3.1% from the November prior. Thanks, Modern Warfare 2.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has achieved the top spot for first-month sales of any game at the title level," says Anita Frazier, NPD analyst. "Halo 3 previously held the spot when it sold 3.3 million units in September '07 in 12 days at retail. MW2 bested Halo 3's daily sales rate by 16% in its 19 days at retail in November.""

"While this year's top-selling item bested last year's by 283%, it couldn't make up for softness elsewhere. The top 50 games this year sold 5% less units than did the top 50 last year."
http://kotaku.com/5423781/npd-modern-wa … n-november

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

James, I remember you talking about Civilization V, IGN recently did a preview of it.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1075587p1.html

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I posted this before the site went on the fritz and apparently it wasn't saved.  So I'll try again because I think it's worth a look.

This has to be the greatest video game of all time.  Well, not exactly.  But it definitely has to be the greatest video of someone playing a video game of all time. 

http://www.geekosystem.com/tahiticora-xbox-video/

If you'™ve been following the gaming blogs lately, you may have come across the semi-NSFW video of a scantily clad, giftedly-bootied model called Tahiticora suggestively playing a racing game on the XBox (video after the jump). The video has gone viral: since it was posted on YouTube on February 19th, it has already netted more than 150,000 pageviews.

But the video left many questions unanswered: Is it a viral ad of some sort? Does anyone really play XBox like that? And is Tahiticora really a bona fide XBox fan? Geekosystem investigates:We briefly chatted with Tahiticora (real name: Coralie Teraiefa), who said that:
Yes, the video was spontaneous: Teraiefa says that she was just playing XBox when her boyfriend 'thought it would be a very sexy video, so he decided to film me playing.�  [Sorry guys: that's a hint for "she's taken."]
But, once she shot it, she did see the video'™s viral potential, which may be why the video featured an ad for her site www.tahiticora.book.fr. 'As I am a model and thought the video was cool, I decided to use it as self promotion and put it on YouTube.�
Yes, Tahiticora says she is a true blue XBox fan. Score.

So: now you know. Here'™s her Facebook fan page and Twitter. If you are in need of a 5'² 6'³, 34-27-35 model with long brown hair for some reason, here'™s Tahiticora'™s booking site.

Update, 3/2: G4'™s Attack of the Show aired the video tonight as well.

[youtube]CVIZtLK1U50&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Right now i'm currently living on MLB 10: The Show.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

So far i'm loving it. I've regularly played baseball sims for about 20 years now, and it's the best i've ever seen. Graphics are superb. One of the things I always hated about sports games, specifically baseball games, is they NEVER got the lighting right during the day. These games actually look like they are in the day. Stadiums are life like accurate to shadows, and during day games, shadows will naturally grow as in real life.

The physics are damn near close to the real game. Players act the way they should.

If you're looking for a true sim of baseball, this is the best on the market. You can go from the most basic Exhibition games and Home Run Derby, to Franchise modes that actually have 40-man rosters in the Spring and September, Waivers, you can make your own soundtrack to the game.

I only buy these every two years. Because enough doesn't advance in a years time. The last one I owned was MLB 08, which was great. This one is even better.

If there was one negative thing, it's that the broadcast team has become tiresome for those who have owned previous installments. The trio of Matt Vasgersian, Dave Campbell & Rex Hudler are still repeating lines heard as far back as MLB 06.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Trying desperately to finish Heavy Rain. Story is WAAAAAAYYYY too slow moving for my tastes. I have a day off tomorrow. I'm gonna try again. If I can't finish it tomorrow it's going in for trade in.

I'm absolutely engrossed by this game. I love the fact that the story is paced so slow, gives me time to soak in the repercussions of my actions. Bought it last Sunday, and I've played it for four hours consecutively on monday, 4 hours on tuesday and 3 last night. It's been ages since I've been pulled in by a game this much.

I will admit though, that I have always been an adventure game lover. My fav all time game is Little Big Adventure (Relentless). Hmmmm, maybe I just like games by strange French guys? wink

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think Heavy Rain is gonna influence the next GTA installment.

Rain reminds me alot of Max Payne in terms of tone and presentation.

Board footer