You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Rex wrote:

I've been playing Resident Evil 6.

It's great for what it is: a straight up action game. The controls are improved from 5, and with enemies that mutate on the fly, it adds a cool twist to the action. If you're a fan of the earlier Resident Evil games though, it'll probably be a massive disappointment.

I also picked up Fight Night Champion the other day since it's only 20 bucks brand new. The story mode is pretty cool, but really short. It's definitely a nice addition. Plus, the legacy mode is still in the game, so I can create my own boxer and climb the ranks which was my favorite thing to do (besides kick my brother's ass) in the old games.

Like I said earlier though, can't wait for Halo 4 in a few days.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

To me wrestling exists as "Pre-Attitude" and "Post-Attitude".

I became a wrestling fan because of that 1996-2000 period of WWE.

I absolutely plan on just flat out buying this once I get the time to play it. No reason to pay $60 bucks for a game that sits in it's original packaging collecting dust. Plus I heard Black Friday and Cyber Monday, several places are planning like a half-off deal on it, despite it being brand new.

I think Wal-Mart is selling it for like $25 bucks on Black Friday.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

This was my games collection but I've sold quite a lot of it now as I just didn't have the time to play them sad

Front:
1h457r.jpg
TOP: N64, NES, GC, Wii
2ND: Xbox
3RD: Mega Drive, Master System
4TH: Master System

Back:
2qnp11k.jpg
TOP: n/a
2ND: 360 & PS2
3RD: C64 & PS2
4TH: PS1 games & some random crap like manuals, dupes etc

I've kept my Sega Master System games and C64 games for nostalgia purposes, and I've kept all of my Mario games on the Wii but everything else I threw on Ebay.

Thinking about picking up another 360 soon for GTAV, and I'd like to try the Batman games too, but to be honest I find modern gaming too complicated. It's probably just my age showing, but I prefer to play games for fun (A to run, B to jump) and have no desire to read manuals to learn button combos or play endlessly for some pointless achievement etc.

My Wii is setup as a glorified emulator with the full back catalog of all NES, SNES, SMS and SMD games so when I do have a spare 10 mins it's safe to say I'll pick one of those games 22 I've found some really great games such as Bucky O Hare (NES), Astro Warrior (SMS), Comix Zone (SMD), Little Samson (NES), Sunset Riders (SNES) and none of them require a manual or a degree in physics to understand its basic controls 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Damn! Nice collection if I do say so myself good sir! 5 I got to give you my props on the Wii set up. I am looking into getting the Wii U in the future once I see some more software.  My friend knows this cool electronic shop in Kentucky that sells most of the classic video game systems that I'm hoping we can plan a trip up there one day; so I can pick up a Genesis or Super Nintendo. Maybe a Dreamcast if they have one lying around with some good games on sale. My first video game console at my house was the Sony Playstation even though I played mostly N64, SNES, and Genesis games at friends & relatives houses.

In other gaming news,

I played the DMC (Devil May Cry remake) demo on Xbox Live a few days ago and it was amazing to look at; but I had some trouble with some of the game play choices and level design ideas. Everything including the character designs looked well rendered and it played like a Devil May Cry and difficult Capcom game for sure.

Just the difficulty and some of the platforming sections were annoying and it took me out of the some of the action and led to some repetition. So many control combinations on the weapon attacks. 17 Hopefully the full game is alot of fun and a better experience. I'll make sure to not go too far on the difficulty settings. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I can't blame Will on the ever increasing complication of modern gaming. I myself have stuck with Sony and the PlayStation for years frankly because it was my introduction to modern gaming. I also grew up on NES and Genesis, and when Genesis added the 'C' button, it was a big deal to me.

Eventually my main introduction to modern gaming was actually -- PC. I failed many a high school tests in the late 90's playing Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Microsoft Baseball 1998. Eventually I moved on to the PC ports of the GTA games, like GTAIII & Vice City. One of my absolute favorite games in the early 2000's was the original Max Payne on PC. Played the hell out of that, and using a mouse to right-hand click for Bullet time and then selecting and firing targets with the left-hand click was FAR more fun that a console controller.

BUT

I got used to the Sony PlayStation, because all of my family & friends had PS1's. So I did get used to the controller. Eventually by 2006 my computer situation was conductive to PC gaming and I got sick and tired of having to upgrade Video Cards, so I broke down and got a PS2 and never looked back.

My loyalties have been to the PlayStation ever since, but mainly because i'm used to the contoller and how to work it. When i've tried to use the 360 controller, I feel like an old man lost with a new computer. The controllers aren't much different, but I get where you're coming from.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I haven't played a whole lot of games in awhile, been too broke and too busy, but I broke down Friday and went for what i'm spending my Christmas vacation on.

My Black Friday haul:

Mass Effect 2 -- $8
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) -- $12
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) -- $25
Call of Duty: World At War -- $8
L.A. Noire -- $10
WWE '13 -- $25
Max Payne 3 -- $15
Twisted Metal -- $25

Not a bad haul of savings there. NFS: Most Wanted '12 & WWE '13 just came out around a month ago, and that was literally a mark down from $60 bucks. I've already played L.A. Noire & NFS: Hot Pursuit '10. I instantly fell in love with NFS: HP10, and thought it was the best NFS game since NFSIII in the late 90's. A total return to form. I hadn't actually played an NFS game in a decade up until that point because they got to where they sucked so bad. I rented it last year, and fell in love with it, so I picked up a cheap new copy of it Friday. I rented L.A. Noire last year and was NOT impressed. I was frankly bored, but honestly I didn't have much time to really immerse myself in it and I sent it back fairly quickly. So being it was so cheap, i'm giving it a second chance. NFS: Most Wanted '12 got good reviews and all of the jumps in the game looked fun, so I got that. I will NEVER pay top-dollar for a racing game, because replayability is fairly low. But at $25 dollars down from $60, i'll bite.

Twisted Metal was the only one I felt a bit hosed on. For a Black Friday special, I thought it'd be lower. The MSRP on it now is only $40 dollars, like Max Payne 3, so I felt it would've been closer to $15 dollars rather than $25. But I took a risk, because I loved the original so much. Anybody here with a PS3 that has played the new Twisted Metal? If so, thoughts? I absolutely loved the old ones on the PS1 back in the day. I used to play them at my cousin's house and thought they were so cool, so for old times sake I decided to take a risk on the new one and give it a spin.

I pretty much know what i'm getting with COD:WAW, but has anyone played Mass Effect 2? Or any of the Mass Effect games? I heard they were good, but I haven't played ANY of them, and it was so cheap and looked decent I took a risk. I rarely play sci-fi games. Thoughts?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Well the whole trilogy of Mass Effect is out in one set together for PC & XBOX. The PS3 version got delayed by another week. I completely forgot about that. Damn! I need to add that and The Walked Dead game season set on my list of purchases. ..and Back to the Future. From what I've seen from my friends playing the ME series they absolutely love it. I haven't picked it up for myself when I heard the trilogy set was coming out; so I decided to wait and get that and not get them individually. This one girl I knew was obsessed with it and kept spoiling everything; so I had to avoid all that. I played Twisted Metal PS3 in the game room on my campus since I was waiting awhile for my class to start. It's pretty fun once you figure out the controls and the various missions and things you can do. It took me awhile on the first mission to get my first two kills.  Have fun man!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks bro. It's been a LONG ASS time since I got an invite to one of a Calypso's parties. 22

Board footer