You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea … 960078002/

PaSnow, another one of your talking points is evaporating.

Flagg... did you read the article?

“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Nabarro told "The Spectator." Nabarro said lockdowns can only be justified "to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted. But by and large, we’d rather not do it.”

They literally don't say what the headline implies. They are meant as a short-term solution to buy time and provided that time is used wisely to put the right systems in place for dealing with Covid. As mentioned in that piece... the US in general has a poor testing and contact tracing setup.

The WHO are saying get on top of these things properly. When a lockdown is used, use the time it buys effectively. Educate the public and be effective with messaging, have the systems in place to deal with cases effectively and craft a system for life to proceed as normal as possible whilst keeping rates of infection low. If countries (I suppose in the US everything is so decentralised a lot of this is down to state level) don't do that they'll be yo-yo'ing between opening and closing their societies for a long time.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Nabarro told "The Spectator." Nabarro said lockdowns can only be justified "to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted. But by and large, we’d rather not do it.”

They literally don't say what the headline implies. They are meant as a short-term solution to buy time and provided that time is used wisely to put the right systems in place for dealing with Covid. As mentioned in that piece... the US in general has a poor testing and contact tracing setup.

The WHO are saying get on top of these things properly. When a lockdown is used, use the time it buys effectively. Educate the public and be effective with messaging, have the systems in place to deal with cases effectively and craft a system for life to proceed as normal as possible whilst keeping rates of infection low. If countries (I suppose in the US everything is so decentralised a lot of this is down to state level) don't do that they'll be yo-yo'ing between opening and closing their societies for a long time.

Of course I did, I don't link articles I haven't read.  This article is one of many sating the WHO's point - I chose it to avoid the hyenas questioning source.  The WHO also said we've doubled global poverty with the shutdowns.  As Europe and much of the US is debating shutting down again (Joe Biden is running on shutting down), I felt it important to point out that as of today the WHO is against shut downs.  The harm from locking people inside for weeks the destruction of the economy is just as bad if not worse than the questionable death toll being parroted by pro-Biden media.  Up until May, the WHO was antimask.  PASnow lives has a time machine and/or doesn't perceive time as linear as the rest of us.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Well, 8 months later so, theres a variable there.

Btw, i think the GOP was caught offguard the dems are solely going to make this about aca. gop was expecting a catholic vilification and they whiffed.

This is now about unseating senators. They were caught offguard. Grahams going down.

You still haven't answered how ACB is a threat to the ACA. How the ACA is under any threat.   You should do some research more than viewing twiiter.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Of course I did, I don't link articles I haven't read.  This article is one of many sating the WHO's point - I chose it to avoid the hyenas questioning source.  The WHO also said we've doubled global poverty with the shutdowns.  As Europe and much of the US is debating shutting down again (Joe Biden is running on shutting down), I felt it important to point out that as of today the WHO is against shut downs.  The harm from locking people inside for weeks the destruction of the economy is just as bad if not worse than the questionable death toll being parroted by pro-Biden media.  Up until May, the WHO was antimask.  PASnow lives has a time machine and/or doesn't perceive time as linear as the rest of us.

Dude, I've been wearing a mask since March.  So was everybody. If you think people were unsure whether to wear one or not until May you gotta quit reading internet articles & go out and live.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Well, 8 months later so, theres a variable there.

Btw, i think the GOP was caught offguard the dems are solely going to make this about aca. gop was expecting a catholic vilification and they whiffed.

This is now about unseating senators. They were caught offguard. Grahams going down.

You still haven't answered how ACB is a threat to the ACA. How the ACA is under any threat.   You should do some research more than viewing twiiter.

Ok, i'll bite. Another one of randalls leading trap questions.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/politics … index.html

gop already killed off aca anyway. Ridding the individual mamdate it collapses over time. As no one would get healthcare, until they need it, which obviously doesnt wofk for the insurance companies.

Randall Flagg

Great!  So now you know the only thing the court has to rule on is the individual mandate!  There's nothing that suggests they'll rule the entire ACA dead.  Obama didn't enforce the mandate, and neither did Trump.  So again, you're using fear and a total lack of understanding on what is actually happening.   Yes, Senate Democrats are trying to frame this as an attack on the ACA, but it's as dishonest and embarrassing as their attack on Kavanaugh.  These aren't intellectually honest people.

I have no doubt you wore a mask, it's a comfort to most.  But you didn't get your flu shot and still haven't.  The WHO and CDC were against masks until May.  Your desire to grab a comfort blanket doesn't mean your decision was based in science.   Which was the whole point - you said Trump should have ordered masks in February.  Italy just ordered masks for the first time this weekend, and half of Europe doesn't require it.  The reality is old people and the sick should stay indoors if they want to avoid it.  If you have a vulnerable family member take caution.  The rest of us can't live in fear and hide until Democrats say it's safe to come out.  But explain how starving 3rd world children's lives are worth less than your 90 year old nana in the home with cancer and dementia.  Make that argument.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

John Roberts prior decision essentially saved ACA by saying the Individual Mandate was a tax. Later rulings dug into ACA, so now they're circling back and saying the tax is lllegal, and it will void out ACA.  Of course Fox News isn't reporting this bc they know ACA is popular among the public and announcing it will tarnish GOP chances.

BTW, 10 mill (10%) of people already voted, and its only Oct 13.  Easy to surmise a large majority of them voting democrat. Very long lines in Georgia too, which has a Senate seat. One more that looks like it might flip.

You've been warned wink

Randall Flagg

You'd think after Democrats promised an end to Roe V Wade and the ACA after Kavanaugh and Gorsuch were confirmed, you guys wouldn't take the bait.  You'd think.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Feinsteins owning her. Its obvious they prepared for abortion & catholicism, and is not prepared especially on lifetime & annual maximums the ACA implemented that existed before Obama. She wasn't even aware the ACA implemented a law prohibiting that.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

She punted on whether trump can postpone the election. said she had to speak to her law clerks & colleagues.

Clown show. GTFOH

Board footer