You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

axlroselocke1 wrote:

I guess it was already brought up. I'm sorry.

No need to be sorry man. Your probably in shock like I was when I saw it lol

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Up to #14 on the iTunes singles Chart. That seems pretty solid 8 hours after being released. The one thing they haven’t been good at though is capitalizing and keeping the momentum going. Not saying this can be a smash hit, but their other songs got some initial buzz and then just fizzled out because they did nothing about them aside from playing them live. I’m guessing the music video is all we’ll really get and lord knows that’s already way more than we’ve gotten in the past.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Sorry to rain on everyone’s parade here, but I just feel like the release of Perhaps is a summation of everything that is wrong with GN’R today. Axl in control of everything, hence the song only has one verse and one chorus repeated, then Slash phones it in for the solo, then they put out an actual accompanying video that looks pretty damn good, even though the song itself is pretty average, and still they haven’t actually acknowledged the release or even said anything officially. It’s like they just let the hardcore fans look into it all and find out about it ourselves. It’s either genius marketing from Team Brazil, or completely shithouse marketing. And I’m leaning towards shithouse…

The barely saying anything about the song is still annoying, I’m with you there and unfortunately don’t expect that to change. But regardless of what you think of the song, to get an honest to god full fledged music video was a shocking surprise. Have to give them props for that. I like the song. It’s not groundbreaking but it’s catchy. I just hope this is a sign that they’re finally taking things more seriously and ready to act like an actual modern day band. Well, as much as they can at least. Baby steps.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Song is okay but essentially filler. The piano is a nice core to base a song on but I don't think they have been very successful at it. I don't even recognize Slash on this track. The guitar feels slightly generic.

I know why Axl chose his cleaner vocals but it's still a mistake. We want the classic, raspy Axl voice, even if it is not perfect anymore. I feel Axl sounds generic here, boring even. There is just nothing to suggest one of the greatest vocalists of all time recorded this track. It's the type of tune I would put as a b side to another single. Not album worthy imo.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I like the video….nice to see Axl smiling and happy.

Never liked the ‘hey, hey’ parts of this song.

The vocals in the chorus were messed with…again….…..Album version of ‘Madagascar’ suffers from this tinkering….Absurb/Silkworms….just sounded better the first time…..

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Not bad

"Something epic" *channeling my inner Baz*

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sounds like new vocals. Guess that was more than a sound check and Axl was singing

Sky Dog wrote:

It’s a solid song and the Rolling Stone review is on point….just listened to OMG, Hard Skool, Absurd, Perhaps, and Chinese Democracy…..that gives us 18 songs from that era and counting. A lot of crazy shit in those 18…think about it and all the musicians who were involved!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Currently #11 on the iTunes song chart. Not bad for an old geezer band.

Board footer