You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

Sky Dog wrote:

Video wasn’t too bad either…cool live stuff

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sounds like new vocals. Guess that was more than a sound check and Axl was singing

I don't think it's new vocals. Sounds identical to the old leak from 4-5 years ago, just better quality on the new release. Maybe added some effects to the vocal, but it's still the same voice from 20+ years ago at the core of the song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Any "new" vocals on any of these songs are more than likely from 2006-7...or "flown in" from other songs.

Again...I'm ok with it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

Any "new" vocals on any of these songs are more than likely from 2006-7...or "flown in" from other songs.

Again...I'm ok with it.

I don't think we would want to hear a "new" version of it. Axl's voice is gone these days. Whatever was left of it, I think he used it all on the AC/DC gigs in 2016.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I shared the link with my brother...he said Axl sounds rough...I was like u don't even know 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sounds like new vocals. Guess that was more than a sound check and Axl was singing

I don't think it's new vocals. Sounds identical to the old leak from 4-5 years ago, just better quality on the new release. Maybe added some effects to the vocal, but it's still the same voice from 20+ years ago at the core of the song.

The outro vocals are different. There’s def added vocals in the chorus. I could be wrong, but either they were way enhanced or new. Idk, I’m picking up different melodies in the tone at certain points than in the demo.

A studio voice is much different than a live voice

misterID

misterID wrote:

Hard Skool used the original vocals and it really sticks out. Perhaps sounds great

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

It is possible that he did multiple vocal takes in the 90s/00s, y'know…

misterID

misterID wrote:

His *newest* vocals were Rock the Rock and he sounded great. I don’t know why it’s a stretch to think he couldn’t do it on these recordings. Hard Skool used those early vocals and you can tell

He had a killer rasp on his Live Era/Big Daddy vocal recordings but never sang that way live around that time.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

His *newest* vocals were Rock the Rock and he sounded great. I don’t know why it’s a stretch to think he couldn’t do it on these recordings. Hard Skool used those early vocals and you can tell

He had a killer rasp on his Live Era/Big Daddy vocal recordings but never sang that way live around that time.

Oh yeah, I don't deny that he's perfectly capable of laying down studio vocals now, it's just that it's become an article of faith among GN'R fans that he laid down a single vocal take for each song back in 1999 or whatever, and that he never recorded anything else. Which is insane; of course there are multiple vocal takes in the vaults.

Board footer