You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

ClaudeF wrote:

Pittsburgh tonight looks like it sold well. Still, lots of pit and $25 seats available for last-minute arrivals.

“Perhaps” seems like a given. If we hear the recorded instrumental that is supposed to be “The General” the forums will hit a whole new level of excitement. Live streams will be interesting this evening.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Pittsburgh tonight looks like it sold well. Still, lots of pit and $25 seats available for last-minute arrivals.

“Perhaps” seems like a given. If we hear the recorded instrumental that is supposed to be “The General” the forums will hit a whole new level of excitement. Live streams will be interesting this evening.

Yep....the huge discounts and new wave of promo guarantees these stadiums won't be as empty as predicted.

I'm gonna give them a general break on the incompetence.  It's amazing what rolling out an actual video and potentially releasing an unheard song will do.

Also take info consideration they really did have a plan in place...so that kinda explains them nutting up over the Jukebox thing.

Simple communication from them would work wonders. TB could've posted a couple sentences during that fiasco and it would've prevented the base getting pissed.

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:

The absolute highlight of this week has been imagining the carnage  mister saint laurent must have caused at that bar by hiding and playing perhaps about 15 times
Mirth.

I need an update is he still there? Is he banned from the bar? Did he just think fuck it and lug the jukebox home with him?! I gotsta know!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Currently #11 on the iTunes song chart. Not bad for an old geezer band.

It’s been holding steady most of the day, at #10 now and if it weren’t for the out of nowhere emergence of Oliver Anthony, who has 4 songs in the top 10, they’d be pushing for the top 5. The music video for Perhaps is at #5. And it was #17 trending on YouTube earlier.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I purchased the full quality FLAC (24-bit/48kHz) from 7Digital, but I've been checking the song's performance on iTunes. It's up to #10 on the overall iTunes chart.

One weird thing I noticed is that the iTunes "preview" button does not seem to work for this song. It's not just a problem with this song, it seems to be a problem for a lot of songs on the charts. I don't remember this being a problem with iTunes in the past. Apple has managed to screw up a product that worked just fine in earlier versions. Constant updates on the iTunes software for no reason.

James

James wrote:

#10 on Itunes?!?

pee-wee-herman_custom-c34e2d494f0d8ad6bef8e0242a4de7cf6ce8254d-s600-c85.webp

This is best case scenario for the song. It couldn't have charted any higher than that unless it had accidentally got tied into the Barbenheimer meme somehow.

They should be happy.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Played around on the YouTube app with my Roku device. On the home page of YouTube app, they have  a "Trending" section. Scroll through it and you find "Perhaps" in there. Didn't have to scroll very far to find it. Nice!

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The jukebox thing worked in that it created a buzz similar to when leaks happen, only TB comes away looking bad.

Would love for a leak of the demo of “The General” to occur, ideally out of someplace that is in the news. Maui and Ukraine come to mind. Would make for an awesome fundraiser (Some anonymous benefactor saying “Send $__ to the Red Cross and a second song will leak.”).

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Played around on the YouTube app with my Roku device. On the home page of YouTube app, they have  a "Trending" section. Scroll through it and you find "Perhaps" in there. Didn't have to scroll very far to find it. Nice!

Yep...that shocked me when I went to YouTube this morning and saw it trending.

First time GNR is trending since the reunion announcement.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I don't understand why people complain about the chorus; I think it's great.

Board footer