You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

It's just crazy to pump that much money into promoting one song. That would be unprecedented but if any band has that going for it...it's GNR.

That Times Square promo is an eye opener. That's like Taylor Swift-Beyonce shit.

Maybe the last two releases flopping hurt some egos? Maybe they finally decided to do a thing right? Ticket sales aren't what they once were.

But getting the corporation to spend money on this type of marketing is pretty surprising. I guess the company believes there is enough public interest to justify this spending. That’s a surprise given that it’s an old geezer band.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

For the first time this century, they're being promoted like a major rock band.

That's what makes it feel like something bigger is around the corner.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

What the heck is going on here?   Oh well, I can't complain.

It's either A) they are trying make up for the lackluster  ticket sales or B) it's ramping up for something else...like an album.

But it is interesting that is coming now on top of the video and announcement of The General.

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:
James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

More promotion? Who is this band. Times Square.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwG6zQag … BiNWFlZA==

Holy fuck.

We're eventually getting an album aren't we?!? 18

It's too much promotion (money) for simply launching one song + a B side.

It has to be leading to something.

I fucking love this!!!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Looks like they fixed there claim that the song was written this year
na3q8mvrsxib1.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c6f178a52d4bb991d6a597c8dc1a6b62565f07f6
Wonder if Fink ect got lawyer's on to them to change it

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

More promotion? Who is this band. Times Square.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwG6zQag … BiNWFlZA==

Holy fuck.

We're eventually getting an album aren't we?!? 18

It's too much promotion (money) for simply launching one song + a B side.

It has to be leading to something.

I don’t put any faith in this band following through with something like that.

It’d be nice if that happened. But just because we get this, doesn’t mean we get that.

This is usually the most dysfunctional band ever, don’t forget.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jimmythegent wrote:

Song is a grower and catchy as hell. I think the biggest hurdle to this being a mainstream hit is that it’s almost impossible to make out what Axl is saying in the chorus - people like to sing along to big hits in the car and that chorus I just can’t see that happening.

People sing along to Eminem's "Rap God," I don't think this is beyond them.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

It's just crazy to pump that much money into promoting one song. That would be unprecedented but if any band has that going for it...it's GNR.

That Times Square promo is an eye opener. That's like Taylor Swift-Beyonce shit.

Maybe the last two releases flopping hurt some egos? Maybe they finally decided to do a thing right? Ticket sales aren't what they once were.

Could be that they learned from past mistakes I guess. Been trying to figure out what makes this release different than the other 2. Absurd was unexpected & an odd choice for a 1st single. Maybe it was just to test the waters? I get why there wasn’t much promo behind that. But Hard School deserved more. Maybe they thought they didn’t need to put in the work? Found out it wasn’t that easy, so here we are. I guess that makes sense.

As for an album, I’d love one but I’m still not convinced. Once they release The General, we’ll have 1/3 of an album already. Even more if you include Eye on You, State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God? It’d be an odd approach at releasing an album a little at a time but maybe they feel this way they make money off the digital releases first & then a physical release at the end. Kind of like they did with the 1st two singles & these next two. I didn’t buy the last EP & don’t have a need for the upcoming LP, but I’ve bought each single individually & would certainly fork over the $15 for a new album if that time comes. As long as it comes in CD form. If it’s digital only, I’d just buy the songs I don’t already have. Still trying to figure out the new age of buying music and I’m sure they’re still learning how to release it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The song is now up to #9 on the iTunes chart. Oliver Anthony currently has 4 of the Top 8 songs. Take out of 3 of those songs, and GN'R would be sitting at #6 right now. Pretty damn good.

Back to #10 this morning, behind 5 Oliver Anthony songs who nobody heard of before a few weeks ago, Jason Aldean, Luke Combs rendition of “Fast Car”, & Taylor Swift. Not a bad showing at all. Tough to compete with the country and pop crowd.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

Could be that they learned from past mistakes I guess. Been trying to figure out what makes this release different than the other 2. Absurd was unexpected & an odd choice for a 1st single. Maybe it was just to test the waters? I get why there wasn’t much promo behind that. But Hard School deserved more. Maybe they thought they didn’t need to put in the work? Found out it wasn’t that easy, so here we are. I guess that makes sense.

As for an album, I’d love one but I’m still not convinced. Once they release The General, we’ll have 1/3 of an album already. Even more if you include Eye on You, State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God? It’d be an odd approach at releasing an album a little at a time but maybe they feel this way they make money off the digital releases first & then a physical release at the end. Kind of like they did with the 1st two singles & these next two. I didn’t buy the last EP & don’t have a need for the upcoming LP, but I’ve bought each single individually & would certainly fork over the $15 for a new album if that time comes. As long as it comes in CD form. If it’s digital only, I’d just buy the songs I don’t already have. Still trying to figure out the new age of buying music and I’m sure they’re still learning how to release it.

Just imagine an LP like Lies:
Absurd
Hardskool
Perhaps
The General
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
Atlas
State of Grace

With some promotion they can gain again the public, just see how is It going with Perhaps which is not the best song they have in the vault

Board footer