You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Two girls(11 and 13) murdered in rural Oklahoma

polluxlm wrote:

We only have 40 murders a year over here...

But when it happens like this (kids) it's usually sickos. Drug dealers are normally not that tough in the rural areas. If it were they'd have to be hard professionals, and I don't see them making a deal half a mile from a settlement when there are plenty of empty woods.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sorry James, by "people in small town America don't deal that way" what I meant was I wouldn't think they would do a big drug deal, out on the corner, and a kid could bike up & see it occur. This sounds like very rural area (where neighbors can be 10 miles away). While yes, pot and especially meth does go on, I would think a big drug deal could just be guy pulls into driveway, pulls out large paper bag full of meth, walks up to front door & knocks. I don't think it'd be discreetly done on a corner and suddenly "oh shit, this girl saw it go down'. Also, even if she did, would a 13 year old girl know the massive quanitity that took place?? She could tell her parents "I saw Charlie buying drugs" but really what are the cops going to do. It could be a couple dime bags of pot or $10,000 dollars of speed, they don't know. I guess maybe the guy could have a lab in his basement that he'd have to take down, knowing the cops could arrive. I still don't see it this way, who knows though with some addicts, but I don't see this happening. Although, if there is a relatively known addict/dealer in the vicinity I'm sure he'll be a prime suspect. Regardless, I wasn't trying to say drug deals in general don't happen, just I don't think they are as discreet since less people are around.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Drug dealers are normally not that tough in the rural areas. If it were they'd have to be hard professionals, and I don't see them making a deal half a mile from a settlement when there are plenty of empty woods.

Don't sell druggies in middle america short. They can get just as ugly as their big city counterparts.

Back in the late 80's, a few teen boys were murdered near some railroad tracks in Arkansas. Many thought they walked in to a drug deal in progress. I know you have heard of this case before as it usually shows up on the long list of murders/suspicious deaths that happened on Clinton's watch.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Drug dealers are normally not that tough in the rural areas. If it were they'd have to be hard professionals, and I don't see them making a deal half a mile from a settlement when there are plenty of empty woods.

Don't sell druggies in middle america short. They can get just as ugly as their big city counterparts.

Back in the late 80's, a few teen boys were murdered near some railroad tracks in Arkansas. Many thought they walked in to a drug deal in progress. I know you have heard of this case before as it usually shows up on the long list of murders/suspicious deaths that happened on Clinton's watch.

Yeah, I've been hammered with that story before.:laugh:

I'll agree there are tough enough types out there, but would they seriously choose such an open spot when there are plenty of discreet places available? Why would they bring the evidence (the guns) with them?

Then on the other hand, why one in the head and one in the chest (I know there were several)? That is text book "shut em up for good" killing. The mark of a pro.

This case puzzles me as well. I feel there is something we're not being told.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, the shotgun blasts to the face are definitely "money shots". The chest wounds were basically unnecessary other than to guarantee that neither walks away.

If the victims weren't kids, I would suggest it was some sort of mob hit.

People are making too big of a deal out of the specific location of the murders. Just because they didn't drag them into the woods doesn't exclude this being drug related. There obviously wasn't much time for the killers to dally around and do whatever they wanted. Literally minutes after leaving home, the girls are dead.

I think this was either a deliberate joy kill or they walked up something they shouldn't have.

Maybe there were older kids or adults that knew these girls walked that path and waited for them to walk it again, basically stalking the path and when they saw them, they shot them.   This is terrible, senseless killing of 2 little girls who had their whole life ahead of them.

Who ever shot them, should be shot in the face.  4

James

James wrote:

WELEETKA '” Officials announced Friday they are searching for a man with a black ponytail and driving a white Ford or Chevy pickup who may have information on the recent shooting deaths of two girls here.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said at a news conference in Okemah that the man is wanted for questioning, but is not necessarily a suspect in the killings of Skyla Whitaker, 11, and Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13.

"We just want to question this man,' she said. "Maybe he saw someone in the area. ... Witnesses say he acted suspiciously, but we don't know what he was doing there.'

A composite drawing of the man was released by the OSBI.

Residents of Weleetka, near where the girls were found shot on a backwoods dirt road Sunday, viewed Friday's clue with some optimism. In a case that has produced little in the way of public information, any "person of interest' brings hope, they said.

But the tidbit isn't enough for parents to let their kids outside again or for some residents to be able to sleep well at night. On Friday, Weleetka looked like an abandoned town: doors were shut and locked, window blinds were turned downward. Some residents said they won't be able to relax '” to avoid jumping at small noises and always watching their backs '” until authorities are sure who committed the crime.

"My sense of security will never completely come back,' said Shauna Nelson, 27. "But if they could catch the persons or person who ... did this, that would ease so much.'

At the time of the shooting Sunday afternoon, the man was seen by witnesses blocking the backwoods dirt road where the two girls were found shot in the chest and head, fully clothed, she said.

Funerals for the girls were also held Friday.

Brown described the man authorities want to interview as American Indian, 6 feet tall, with brown eyes and a long black ponytail. She said a couple of witnesses told the OSBI they saw the man near where the girls were found dead. Other witnesses said they heard gunshots but did not report seeing the man or his white truck, Brown said.

Brown declined to say how many gunshots were heard or at what times. Previously, authorities said ballistics tests showed that two different-caliber guns were used in the slayings. Another witness said he or she saw the girls before their deaths, according to officials.

Little else has been said about the case. That's led to a swirl of rumors in Okemah, with some saying the girls must have walked up on a drug deal gone wrong, and others speculating that a disturbed person shot them for no reason.

An unanswered question
The central unanswered question in the case is why the girls were killed. With no apparent motive in the killings, many locals wonder aloud about that issue. So far, they haven't had much help finding an answer.

At a news conference Friday, Brown expressed a new level of optimism about the case.

The case is "absolutely solvable,' she said. "We're gonna find 'em. It's just a matter of time.'

Authorities continue to speculate that the killer or killers were local residents. But Friday morning, OSBI Special Agent Ben Rosser said authorities are expanding their investigation to include Oklahoma City, Seminole and Tulsa. At least 14 agents are working the case near Weleetka, Brown said.

What are residents saying?
Calvin Winn, 29, who lives in a trailer just over a mile from the site of the shootings, said he still won't let his four young children away from home. They stay inside and flip between TV news about the case and cartoons. Friday's news offers some hope for a more normal life, he said, and it is nice to be able to feel like you can do something to help.

"It gives me an idea of who to look for now, or to watch for,' he said. "We'll maybe help find this guy '” see him and give police a tip.'

Dale Crawford, 72, said he thinks authorities will find the killer or killers. But gaps in the case still worry him.

"They haven't even got a motive or anything, have they?' he asked.

Shauna Nelson said she hasn't slept well since Sunday. She is the mother of twin 3-year-olds, a boy and a girl, and a 9-year-old daughter. Her husband, Cody Nelson, 29, said he's startled by every noise outside their house, which is less than a mile from where the girls were found shot dead.

"You can't let your guard down,' he said. "You can't relax.'

But still, he added, "It does feel good to have something new.'

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wonder if they could have met someone on the internet?

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wonder if they could have met someone on the internet?

Its certainly a possibility, and in one of the many articles on this case it mentions that they were gonna check their computers. If the girls didn't have computers, they should go check the local library(or a Kinko's) and see if these girls were using the net there.

James

James wrote:

(OKFUSKEE COUNTY, Okla.) June 17 - Troopers have arrested a man armed with a shotgun at Weleetka High School.

The man claimed to be involved in the murders of Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Paschal-Placker.

Investigators interviewed the man and say he's mentally ill.  They say his arrest is not related to last week's double homicide.

FOX23 crews experienced another unsettling situation near Taylor's home last night.

As our crew was leaving, they saw three sheriff's deputies and a state trooper speeding down the road.

They parked in front of the house, searching the woods around the home and down the road with flashlights and patrol cars.  During the search the family left the home for the night.

Deputies say the family called 911 after hearing someone sneaking around the home.  Someone even says they saw a shadow outside.  Deputies did not find anyone, but say they might have gotten away before they arrived.

Investigators continue their search for a person of interest in this murder case.  He's described as a Native American, six feet tall, with a long ponytail or shoulder length hair.  If you have any information in this case, you're asked to call 800- 522-8017.

--------------------------

The plot thickens....... 18

Board footer