You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

Aussie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It definitely took balls for him to question publicly the quality of these tracks. Hopefully received a tongue lashing from Axl for doing so since no one else was ever allowed to do that. I don't have a problem with what Huge is doing on these tracks, and hopefully Axl doesn't either.

BH didn't need a replacement. All Axl has to do is call him when CD is ready to launch. Let BBF do the AFD jerkoff tours until the real showtime begins.

I really like how the fanbase is now once again wanting him back. We know Axl reads the various sites, and he's gotta be questioning the potential of the current lineup.

He hit a grand slam in 2001. Why would he want a strikeout in 2008??

Makes no sense. Bucket will eventually be back. One way or the other. The BH buzz is widening at the sites. People can no longer criticize him because he's obviously the composer of some of these tracks. Criticize Bucket, you're criticizing GNR.

Love seeing the BH haters backpedal....

Back around 2001 one I was never a real fan of BH.  Probably because he was filling the shoes of the top hatted one and it didn't sit well with me.  Plus the whole image of him I struggled to deal with (still do).  I tried to be positive about GN'R but I copped a lot of shit from mates about Axl's new band of misfits and that mute with the KFC bucket, mask and Nun Chakas.

But, only more recently (probably post the MSL leaks) I have really started to appreciate BH's work.  I have burnt the latest leaks again onto CD so I can listen to them in the car.  I was driving around on the weekend and after listening to the new 3 songs (or 2 really) quite a bit, I found myself going back to TWAT and just loving that last solo of BH's inparticular and wanting more of the same.  I really want to hear some more epic guitar work, but this "song #2" aside from the lyrics just seems a mess of sounds and very non-descript to me.  I'll keep listening but it really hasn't grabbed me yet.

Perhaps the ideal situation for Axl may be if he has BH all over the cd itself but takes the current lineup (which is visually more likely to be acceptable to a wider audience and less likely to be ridiculed) on tour to support the record.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, you are more hopeful than I. I don't see Bucket back. Stranger things have happened in GNR's world though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, you are more hopeful than I. I don't see Bucket back. Stranger things have happened in GNR's world though.

Axl and Bucket have never ruled out his return. There is always the possibility until Axl says it wont happen.

The fact he is willing to share his Dr.Pepper is interesting though. To share a soda, don't you have to be in the same room?:laugh:

bucket

Aussie, I think people are willing to accept the image with the music doing the talking.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am confused a little....did Ron or Huge speak out on the leaks? James, your comment is what I'm referring to...

"It definitely took balls for him to question publicly the quality of these tracks. Hopefully received a tongue lashing from Axl for doing so since no one else was ever allowed to do that. I don't have a problem with what Huge is doing on these tracks, and hopefully Axl doesn't either."

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

James means the re-recorded rhythm guitar tracks, which Ron said were lacking.

"Are you gonna be included on all tracks?

Not on all, but on a good chunk of them, definetely. I played a lot of rhythm parts to the stuff - To me, it felt like a lot of the rhythm tracks seemed a little mechanical and just didn't have that kinda sleazy thing that GNR always had... Also, I was pretty much given a hundred guitar solos for each song to find the thing that's gonna work best - we made sure that every possibility was there.

How many tracks have you been working on?

I don't know... we've done so many songs and not all of them will be on the album. I don't wanna know too much about the album - I want to be surprised myself. Like even the final mixes - I haven't heard them yet!" - Maximum Threshold, 04/13/07

James

James wrote:

Thanks sic. Its great having an encyclopedia of knowledge here. I never would have found that. I thought he just mentioned it in chat.

Mucho kudos.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Would sure be nice to have a sticky FAQ topic here.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Axl and Bucket have never ruled out his return. There is always the possibility until Axl says it wont happen.

The fact he is willing to share his Dr.Pepper is interesting though. To share a soda, don't you have to be in the same room?:laugh:

bucket

Aussie, I think people are willing to accept the image with the music doing the talking.

i always had a strange feeling that this statement was a hint that bucket would return for the next tour after the album release. then robin left and it fit more. i can only imagine how difficult it would be to work with both axl and bucket.

James

James wrote:

A man who records 20 albums a year with a man who cant release one?

Perfect combination....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

bucket

i always had a strange feeling that this statement was a hint that bucket would return for the next tour after the album release. then robin left and it fit more. i can only imagine how difficult it would be to work with both axl and bucket.

Other than touring, which I know takes a lot of time, Bucket hasn't been doing much this year. What if he were secretly working on CD? I mean, we know Bucket can keep a secret, he doesn't fucking talk.

Board footer