You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

polluxlm wrote:

25 spins so far. That ranks high for a leak.

It demands attention immediately with a mental institution style Buckethead scream. The dooming riff to follow is fresh enough and draws you into stomach Axl. Quite clever, you'd know it's him if you heard it on the street, but not right away. When he subsequently takes it up a notch you definitely know it's him. Some good guitar in the background. A lot of different stuff, but it doesn't feel messy. More like it's swingin' back there, grooving with the melody. Could in a sense compare it to the old Izzy and Slash combo on appetite.

Then we head straight for the bridge. Quite nice work from Axl here. You remember why he's a single name celebrity when you hear that hook. After that we're already at the chorus, and I must say it disappoints a little here. Axl is visiting song 2 territory for a moment and the blippy de blop guitar is kinda cheesy. But I guess it's alright, not too obvious. He'll probably get away with it.

Abruptly we're back at the beginning, ready for another buildup. This works very well. Shorter, meaner verse and we're back to bridge/chorus. The solo is pretty interesting. Definitely not something a lot of people have heard before. It's also pretty catchy and fitting when you get to know it. Grinds you up there like a rusty hardware tool and holds you. That leads straight into what is no doubt the coolest moment in the song. Axl takes over the solo in a way. The ferocity in his voice is amazing, and the hook incredible. Reminds me of Don't Cry when he goes off at the end before the final chorus. Ends with the usual chorus and some interesting guitar work before it breaks down to the beginning once more.   

I say they got a winner.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

If this does turn out to be all Ron I expect an apology from one Mr. Lofton.

For what? I've given props to all who are on the song. There's some killer guitar work on the song and even though I'm not a Fortus fan, he's likely on this and I give him kudos as well. They are on fire.

but possibly no Robin which worries me some.

Same here, and I have a feeling he isn't on it. I know some are getting a "NIN vibe", but that can be created without him on the song. There's nothing in the song that stands out as Finck.

If his work on The Blues Better or TWAT is gone I'll be pissed.

Same here, but if it gets us closer to the promised land, Finck can exit stage left.

Just pulling this out of my ass, but perhaps Robin has been gone for a while and Bbf was recording his lead parts over.  Just an idea. 

I don't think Finck is on this song, but i could be wrong.  The more i listen, the more i think it's Ron with the first solo and BH tearing the shit out of it at the end.  The bulk of the music is obviously Bh- i could tell that by the opening.  At least, it was written by him. 

The NIN/Zombie vibe is created by the beat, not the guitars.  I'm a bigger Zombie fan than NIN, so i hear Zombie more than i hear NIN, but it was definently influenced by both. 

The best thing about it, like i said before, it's not overproduced, and it doesn't sound dated at all to me.  This song has some BIG balls.  The way the first single needs to be. 

Excellent decision and kudos to whoever's decision this was.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

It's a grower. I don't think it should be the first single though.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

All I wanted ?
All I wanted ?

No one is stopping from doing what you want to do
No one is stopping you now, stopping you now

There's another possibility.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

I wonder if MSL has anything to do with this.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Apparently you weren't here yesterday. 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Dadud wrote:

What did he do?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Dadud wrote:

What did he do?

It.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Dadud wrote:

What did he do?

I'm not quite sure, but it was on his website that something would go down 12am China Standard Time.:haha:

Remember his comment about something happening during the Olympics?

Yeah, well this pretty much was it.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

he got the song and some colleague in china leaked it for him I think

Board footer