You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

Neemo wrote:

this document was obtained last night .... and is aparently from august? someoen else will have to verify that last part

and it was originally an excel file changed to a jpg to protect the source

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

"obtained", but when was it created?  It has the info for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters.  We're almost in the 4th quarter.  I would think, if it was created recently, it would only show the 4th quarter schedule.  If, it was created in late 2007, they may have thought the album was coming out in the 4th quarter, but things have changed.  On the other hand, they may have just added the 4th quarter to an existing document, which has the previous quarters releases.  Was this a document that a distributor or retailer had, or a document from Universal?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

"obtained", but when was it created?  It has the info for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters.  We're almost in the 4th quarter.  I would think, if it was created recently, it would only show the 4th quarter schedule.  If, it was created in late 2007, they may have thought the album was coming out in the 4th quarter, but things have changed.  On the other hand, they may have just added the 4th quarter to an existing document, which has the previous quarters releases.  Was this a document that a distributor or retailer had, or a document from Universal?

That's how I took it.  A forecast of Q4 releases, with the releases from the previous 3 quarters included.  Mysteron said he hadn't seen THIS list, but had seen one for the first 3 quarters and GNR wasn't on that one.  So this would have to be pretty new.  It would make sense if it was created last month or sometime during the summer.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Wow.  This is pretty good news.  I will take this as a good sign.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i'll trust the moderators' judgement on this one

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I can say with 100% confidence that it wouldn't be posted like this on this site if it wasn't real.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just to clear up a few details on my Mysteron tirade...

1) This is not a personal attack on Mysteron in any way, nor a comment of jealousy to what Mysteron may or may not know.

2) I understand that Mysteron might have seen a "dated" list, and is not up to date on the most recent (if a month is recent) information.

3) I get sick and TIRED of many in the GN'R internet community LIVING AND DYING by the word of Mysteron. If Mysteron says it, it must be true, or false, depending on the information or what it's referring to. That's only 50% of Mysteron's fault. It isn't his/her's fault that people talk his word as the so-called "gospel", but it's obvious from his history he enjoys the power that has been granted to him by fans.

4) Like others have said in this thread, I personally could care less what Mysteron "thinks". If he's got information to provide, wonderful, as long as it's factual. But just because Mysteron does not know about the information, or does not "believe" the information is true, on any situation, does not automatically mean it is untrue bs by default. I believe there are other ways to acquire exclusive information through other parties without having to go through Mysteron.

5) Mysteron is by no way a troll, and has been right in the past. But 50/50 on his BEST day. BEST day, and I think i'm being overly generous. I have nothing personal against the guy, but people to immediately slit their wrists on this information simply because it was not given the stamp of approval by Mr. Mysteron are misguided and ignorant.

With those points made, I truely HOPE Mysteron is "in the know". So when the wheels in motion, as they so obviously are now, he/she will able to provide fresh off the unofficial press news to all of his fans free of charge, and I thank him ahead of time for any factual news he has to share

But the "major" GN'R news/forum sites are dinosaurs still in denial of their death. Traffic is gone, authenticity never was, and fans running those sites never will be. Places like GN'R Evolution are the new way, small, loyal, and honest followings where true fans can get real info.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Great post.

I don't believe this list is a lie, and i think Mysteron is completly wrong this time.  He took the wrong horse to bet on this time, and he's now broke. 

This site happens to deliver real news, and i think Mysteron is a little jealous because someone knows something he doesn't. 

Just because he hasn't heard it, it doesn't make it false.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

"obtained", but when was it created?

the document properties said that it was done on 06/08...so early August...whether it was edited to include Q4 info then, or written up from scratch we can't say...as we dont know...

Was this a document that a distributor or retailer had, or a document from Universal?

both...it was sent by Universal sales to a retailer...and then it was mailed to us...

we don't have a reason to doubt its authenticity...person who sent it to us is not someone who cares about these forums and any of the GNR controversy....in fact they though we'd be interested in the new Eminem album....

like its been mentioned, we got wind of it first a few days back, and when it was sent to us (source was in Excel) downliner checked it in detail to ensure it wasn't tampered with....and it wasn't....

the original "author" of the document turned out to be someone high up in Universal globally, sic confirmed this for us....which led us to believe that the document is not a fake...

if Mysteron says its fake, then take his word for what its worth....i don't know his connections or how much he knows...

but one thing is for sure....we wouldn't post this on here if we thought that it was just another rumor or to get attention in any way...

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:

This document is fake, for obvious reasons.

Board footer