You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: GNR on 'Body of Lies' film soundtrack / confirmed by BP at CD.com

Saikin wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

If it won't appear on the soundtrack, I'm guessing this won't be the first single either?  I give them credit for getting songs out there without actually releasing any singles.  They're creative I guess.

A lot of songs don't appear on soundtracks. Most notable example would be Goodbye Horses on Silence of the Lambs. Song got huge and no one could hardly get it back then because it wasn't on the soundtrack and it was on a slightly obscure album.

Yeah, strange strategy to not release two new songs as singles. They can get a buzz and media attention without having to compete on any Billboard/Itunes charts.

Are there any TV shows that need a theme song?  How about a commercial?  Just thinking of other ways they can get their music out there.  It is a little strange, but times have changed.  Maybe this is just a sign of the times.

Tv commercial or theme song? 18

I don't want to see Shackler's Revenge used for birth control.  And i would hate to see a theme song by GNR.  18

That would be selling out.  That's not the best course for Axl or CD i believe.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I wanted to add that i think there's a third song on the way.  The single.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You Could Be Mine wasn't on the actual released-Terminator 2 soundtrack... yet Use Your Illusion II was released same year.

So because If The World isn't on the Body Of Lies soundtrack, really is no sign one way or the other that the album is not coming out.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Drop the fake insider shtick. No one cares.

You seem to be able to post like a normal member. Do it, because no one here cares about that type of nonsense.

I'll never understand why these fakes were given so much power in the first place. Its obvious that no one knew what the hell was going on. EVER. The fake hoarders are even more pathetic. Only a couple people ever truly had involvement in that, and just the insinuation of anyone else doing so was a cosmic joke.

What 'fake insider'?

This guy told me about the Fernando *rumour* (because I still have yet to see proof of it and am an unbiased person); the CD release in November/December this year; the ANTIQUIET leaks; and various other things.  MSL also confirmed that he was legit - or at least part legit.  It's easy to forget these things in light of other, current events, but you also found out about these things months in advance of everyone else.

He's also told me the name of the next song that *may* leak and who has it....

So James, what 'fake insider' do you speak of?:rolleyes:

My PM box needs a friend by the way.:(  *Sniff*, *sniff*....

Also: I think that this is just a song - maybe for separate promo. - that they gave to the movie, and that 'Shackler' is still the first single.  Just my two cents.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

New GUNS N' ROSES Track 'If The World' Confirmed For 'Body Of Lies' Movie - Sep. 26, 2008 

RollingStone.com has confirmed that the GUNS N' ROSES "Chinese Democracy" album track "If The World" '” a version of which leaked earlier this year '” will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie "Body of Lies", in theaters October 10. The track features the guitar work of GN'R guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won't appear on the soundtrack album.

In July, GUNS N' ROSES agreed to debut new track "Shackler's Revenge" in the video game Rock Band 2, which hit stores earlier this month.

According to Billboard.com, Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for "Chinese Democracy", which is tentatively due on November 25. 

www.blabbermouth.net

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Michael Mann should be directing Body Of Lies and he would know how to use If The World. That guitar solo is crying to be used for a cool movie scene.

Sky Dog wrote:

especially one with Ron Jeremy in it......

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Will someone pinch me please. None of this can be happening, can it?!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i know NYG....the ideo of CD actually coming out is a bit abstract for me as well

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Michael Mann should be directing Body Of Lies and he would know how to use If The World. That guitar solo is crying to be used for a cool movie scene.

You know I was thinking that too. If The World and Song #2 (specifically the outro) sound VERY-Mann and his taste.

Board footer