You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: GNR on 'Body of Lies' film soundtrack / confirmed by BP at CD.com

gnfnraxl wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I would have never seen Big Daddy if the new Sweet Child wasn't played during the credits.

Wow.  I wouldn't watch a movie just to hear a song.  But that's me.  Well Body of lies may have a few mor movie goers when it opens than they would've had before this announcement.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What's funny is all those dumbass bloggers at RS, think that's Slash on guitar, and that reunion is on.

What a bunch of fuckin' morons.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Exclusive: Guns N' Roses Premiering New Song 'If the World' in 'Body of Lies,' Release Date Reserved

There's yet another sign that this might finally be the year for Guns N' Roses long-in-the-works Chinese Democracy. Rolling Stone can confirm that the album track 'If The World' '” a version of which leaked earlier this year '” will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie Body of Lies, in theaters October 10th. The track features the guitar work of GNR guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won't appear on the soundtrack album. It will be the second official release of a Chinese Democracy track, as 'Shackler's Revenge' is included in the new Rock Band 2 game. A source has told Rolling Stone that Guns N' Roses has reserved a November 25th date for the possible release of the album, which will be a Best Buy exclusive.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … y-of-lies/

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

It has begun.

God bless Axl Rose.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

If it won't appear on the soundtrack, I'm guessing this won't be the first single either?  I give them credit for getting songs out there without actually releasing any singles.  They're creative I guess.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

If it won't appear on the soundtrack, I'm guessing this won't be the first single either?  I give them credit for getting songs out there without actually releasing any singles.  They're creative I guess.

A lot of songs don't appear on soundtracks. Most notable example would be Goodbye Horses on Silence of the Lambs. Song got huge and no one could hardly get it back then because it wasn't on the soundtrack and it was on a slightly obscure album.

Yeah, strange strategy to not release two new songs as singles. They can get a buzz and media attention without having to compete on any Billboard/Itunes charts.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

A lot of songs don't appear on soundtracks. Most notable example would be Goodbye Horses on Silence of the Lambs. Song got huge and no one could hardly get it back then because it wasn't on the soundtrack and it was on a slightly obscure album.

Yeah, strange strategy to not release two new songs as singles. They can get a buzz and media attention without having to compete on any Billboard/Itunes charts.

Are there any TV shows that need a theme song?  How about a commercial?  Just thinking of other ways they can get their music out there.  It is a little strange, but times have changed.  Maybe this is just a sign of the times.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

times havent changed.. C.D still isnt getting released

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah and the two songs sound like two different bands. It's becoming clear that this album is not going to be marketed like your average album. Guess they're trying to show how diverse GN'R can be. Axl and a certain former guitarist are capable of making some awesome, diverse tunes.:buckethead::mosh:

Board footer