You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

faldor wrote:

I'm gonna resist temptation for now.  Sounds like the songs aren't drastically different, so I'll wait to hear them in better quality at the very least.  Can I let myself get excited yet?

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Wow, this sounds great--have not heard it yet...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

for those of you who want to hear these things could you Please, Maybe, not flood the thread with requests...there are other ways to find them around here wink

Hidden Text:

just ask someone

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not interested in hearing these.  The fact that this apparently really happened (though it could be a fake) is all I care about.  It sounds like this might finally be the year (though anything can still change).  I like seeing the mixes described as less pitman and more guitars...this gives me hope for an album that I can buy into (and buy).

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Wow, lots happened overnight.  I'm not all that interested in listening to this now.  Maybe if we get better quality or something I'd be more interested.  Here's hoping this really happened and the album is finally on the launch pad.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Oh, thank Christ for that, they've put BBF's fretless on the Chinese Democracy verses. big_smile Looking forward to the final album - I think I'm going to hold off on listening to the existing leaks until the actual album comes out, now.

And hopefully, once the album comes out, we'll start to see leaks of the WIP versions (I really, really want to hear the 1999 incarnation of the album, 'cause I love that version of IRS).

Sky Dog wrote:

anybody who could stage that should be working for the cia or a film director. The songs are definitely tweaked for the better. Heavier guitars on chinese, heavier, funkier beats for ITW, better vocals, THEY ALL JUST SOUND BETTER. Personally, I think he should have put TWAT on Rockband 2. Definitely a new band track but it still has an old school Gnr feel to it.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Hmmm, its hard to tell a lot from the quality of these recordings but from what can be hear (and thats not a lot) they just seem to have ironed out that crap parts and tidied them up a bit. Listening to something as poor quality as this reminds me of when I bought St Anger.

Roll on 25th Nov, or leak date, or whenever!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
misterID wrote:

But if anyone can give a good description

I can't say myself, but here's what L!VE FREE! (from CD.com) had to say about the changes in the three songs:

-New vocal tracks on "Chinese" and "There Was A Time".
-Axl's screams on 'TWAT' are incredible, powerful.
-Final mixes which sounds great, but crap quality.
-Higher guitars notably 'TWAT' solos.
-'TWAT' intro has less Pitman effects. More simple.
-Can hear Tommy's bass way better.
-Intro to 'ITW' is a little different. Crazy electronic drums half-way in.
-A lot of subtle effects and altercations here and there.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 75.30.html

Thanks, bro 22

So, the vocals in If The World have changed for the better, specifically? Just to clarify...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

anybody who could stage that should be working for the cia or a film director. The songs are definitely tweaked for the better. Heavier guitars are chinese, heavier, funkier beats for ITW, better vocals, THEY ALL JUST SOUND BETTER. Personally, I think he should have put TWAT on Rockband 2. Definitely a new band track but it still has an old school Gnr feel to it.

I'm not saying it is fake...I didn't even listen to it.  I am saying it could be fake, however unlikely that might be.  I just can't buy into anything GnR related until it actually happens.

Board footer