You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: New Bumblefoot Interview (w/ Shackler's Info)

Axlin16 wrote:

Fortus should be gone. I never bought that dude from day one, even though he's a good player, he EXUDED "hired Gun". He made Paul Huge look like Izzy fuckin' Stradlin.

He never drew me in, he never stood out, and from the new stuff we've heard, his contributions are minimal, if at all.

Robin isn't far off either. The bottom line is these guys are career TOURING guitarists. Not even session guys.

I still would not be shocked at if CD were released, and maybe another album, if you didn't see a couple pop ups in the liner notes that said 'Stradlin'.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i wouldn't be stunned if he was on CD

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Fortus should be gone. I never bought that dude from day one, even though he's a good player, he EXUDED "hired Gun". He made Paul Huge look like Izzy fuckin' Stradlin.

He never drew me in, he never stood out, and from the new stuff we've heard, his contributions are minimal, if at all.

You're preaching to the choir. I never understood the fascination with this guy either. He brought nothing to the table and has been there six years. We have an album's worth of material and still haven't heard him. We've heard everyone else in the new GNR era(including Freese) but not Fortus.

I know Axl said he would be recording in 2002, and I THINK I remember Stinson mentioning him in regards to CD interludes, but I really think this guy was reduced to a touring member only at some point.

Fortus nutswingers always called him a "secret weapon". Hell, he's so secret Axl forgot to use him.

I like proof in the pudding. Fortus's bowl of pudding is empty. I might not be a Bumble nutswinger, but it was obvious early on(mainly from that fretless CD solo) that he could bring something to the table. All Fortus does is jump 10 feet in the air while strumming a guitar.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Which if Fortus' contributions are minimal/non-existant... then this whole argument of three guitarists might not be true after all.

The actual studio tracks would featured Robin/Ron, Robin/Bucket, Ron/Bucket combos in the songs, and still be a standard rock band lineup.

But if that's the case... why have Fortus on tour in the first place?

nugdafied wrote:

Bumblefuck re-recording a Buckethead solo is about as cool to me as rObiN fIn...cK getting credit for lead guitars on an AFD re-release. They're both directly related to Axl being the craziest, laziest, most vindictive bitch in the world. I'm surprised he didn't find some no name super model & pay Victoria's Secret to make her famous as Stefanie Seemore.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Which if Fortus' contributions are minimal/non-existant... then this whole argument of three guitarists might not be true after all.

The actual studio tracks would featured Robin/Ron, Robin/Bucket, Ron/Bucket combos in the songs, and still be a standard rock band lineup.

But if that's the case... why have Fortus on tour in the first place?

Good question...

Bucket or Bumble could have easily played his rythym parts and their solos.  14

Well I think the song is cool,Bumblefoot and whoever else plays on that song did a really good job.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Bumblefuck

Lets show a bit of respect. You're actually breaking a rule by insulting a fellow forum member. While he doesn't post here, he has lurked here off and on and been kind enough to do two chats here with the members.

I'm not his biggest fan, but that doesn't mean I need to resort to insulting the guy. He's the most fan friendly member of any GNR lineup.

Also, he's the only CD era member with the balls to actually go into specific detail regarding a track on the album.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

(edited by me) re-recording a Buckethead solo is about as cool to me as rObiN fIn...cK getting credit for lead guitars on an AFD re-release. They're both directly related to Axl being the craziest, laziest, most vindictive bitch in the world. I'm surprised he didn't find some no name super model & pay Victoria's Secret to make her famous as Stefanie Seemore.

If Axl would've left all of Bucket's music on the album, and had Ron not re-record anything or add anything to CD.... there would be an entire group of people going off and slagging Axl, because "why does he have a guitarist in the band that has nothing to do with CD?" "He didn't even record on the album" blah blah blah

Same for Frank.

Axl just can't win with some of you guys. You'll make it negative no matter what.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are no Robin parts or at the very least no Robin solos on CD if it ever comes out.  Same with BH - I wouldn't be surprised at all if all his solos are gone and possibly all of his work on songs he didn't have a part in writing.

Board footer