You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I got banned for being right and not being willing to let it go.  I got banned for demanding an apology that I knew I would never get.  That is well worth a banning.

You were temporarily banned for continually harassing a fellow member even after being warned. Let's not distort facts just to prove some point you have about 1991.

There is no distortion James.  I was banned because you weren't going to back down and neither was I, but you own the site, so you have the power.

Of course I wasn't going to back down. You were insulting and harassing someone over the period of a couple days. Had he been doing the same to you, I would have responded the same to him.

Banning me was wrong

Lets take a refresher course on the rules:

No insulting fellow members of the forum

No harassing fellow members

No abusing the karma feature

Breaking any of these rules could result in a warning, temporary, or permanent ban depending on the severity of the infraction.

Do we really have to go down that road again?

Of course not, but you insinuated you were banned for being a saint. That's basically a slap in the face to me since this site does not go around issuing bans for members "being right".

I received a lot more support than you know about.

I don't care if Jesus Christ was in your corner during that ordeal. Its not the role of Jesus here to help ensure a certain quality/standard to this site. I'm not insinuating you bring the quality down, but the way you attacked that guy repeatedly was out of line and had to be dealt with.

If you want to continue this discussion(again), do it through PMs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I gave the leaks  to a guy at work, who is an old skool guy  and he thinks they suck.. mainly down to axls vocals..
my opinon isnt relevant right now, but he thinks axl sounds like shit. "im waitin for something epic"..
dont shoot the messenger ok..
disclaimer; i love the leaks..

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

The last 2 pages were pointlless.  Can't remember who said this, but someone said that even if the old band got back together they couldn't touch SCOM, JUngle and all.  Amen!  And the new band can't either.  And that is normal.  Anyone who expects CD to be better than AFD or even the UYI albums are only gonna be disappointed.  Just settle for a good different record.  That's it!  Would CD be better if Slah was on it?  If you're smart you'd bet no way.  Nothing agaisnt Slash but the music in CD is what it is.  Even if you had Jimi Hendrix on that record it would not be better or worst.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My point is that if you played them for someone and told them it was the old band they feel differently about them.

i agree 100 percent. i'd say atleast 75 percent of the negative feedback comes from old timers and 99 percent of those old timers know that it is a new band before they even hear the leaks and so they rip them immediately. the music isn't getting a fair chance and isn't gonna get one when the album is released.  hopefully, the album will replace the lost fans with new ones.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

take out Axl and the song doesn't exist. slash, while amazing, is not as important to the GNR name as Axl is. just look at velvet revolver, it consist of 3 former GNR members and has not produced anything that remotely touches on their previous work. however if we examine the nuGNR line up, the only original member being Axl, we can see that the leaks are comparable and in some cases surpass original GNR songs.

if you aren't a fan of at least one or two of the leaks you will never be satisfied with anything the new band produces. or at least not until your precious slash returns. i swear to god some of you nay-sayers would love the new songs, provided slash was in the credits, even if it sounded exactly the same.

"OMG LISTEN TO SLASH'S AWESOME SOLO ON TWAT"

instead its, "oh! its only buckethead he isn't nearly as lovable as slash, i couldn't possibly enjoy his work under the GNR name"

i love slash btw, i am just not as frustratingly nostalgic as some of you.

Hold on there for a second. You are reading WAY too much into my post.

My point was simply that you can't discredit Slash's soloing on NR by saying that anyone can solo on that song and it would still be great. I personally don't agree with that because I believe Slash's soloing is what makes that song so epic. It wasn't meant to discredit Axl or the new band. Some people are way too sensitive.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My point is that if you played them for someone and told them it was the old band they feel differently about them.

i agree 100 percent. i'd say atleast 75 percent of the negative feedback comes from old timers and 99 percent of those old timers know that it is a new band before they even hear the leaks and so they rip them immediately. the music isn't getting a fair chance and isn't gonna get one when the album is released.  hopefully, the album will replace the lost fans with new ones.

But why tell them its the old band? doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of haveing a new band and letting them forge their own identity? its amazing that a few of the most stalwart fans of the new band would even think of doing that...people should know who are on the tracks so their merits can stand on their own

Acquiesce wrote:

My point was simply that you can't discredit Slash's soloing on NR by saying that anyone can solo on that song and it would still be great. I personally don't agree with that because I believe Slash's soloing is what makes that song so epic. It wasn't meant to discredit Axl or the new band. Some people are way too sensitive.

this is a fantastic post acquiesce...and that is my point too...war you started that train of thought and its incredibly disrespectful to slash...and a discredit to how amazing the material is that slash did while in guns n roses....two of the songs which most peopel credit solely too axl some how you seem to forget that Axl was extremely grateful that Slash was able to come up with such a great cap to some of his most personal songs...and axl says as much in the liner notes of UYI's and he says it also in an interview for the making fucking videos trilogy

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Let me get this straight.

A thread that contains mostly good news about new GNR turned into a new-GNR vs. old-GNR thread. Well, I am shocked. Just shocked I tell ya.

Wow, it makes me wonder where I'm going to be able to post to share my positive thoughts about the new CD when it comes out, because here it's always the same broken record. Are we gonna have a safe haven or something? Serious question, mods, because the thread here is pure BS now and I can see the same thing happening when we actually have a new CD in our hands.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Serious question, mods, because the thread here is pure BS now and I can see the same thing happening when we actually have a new CD in our hands.

Those types of posts are gonna get thrown into the TWAT section. I'd do it now but this thread would be a fucking mess after it was finished.

I don't have anything against the whole new vs old thing. It does create some lively discussion, but it should be done either in a separate thread or different section(TWAT, VR). When most people(including me) click on a Chinese Democracy related thread to either see the news or what fellow members are saying about it, the last thing people want to see in those specific threads is how great the past was.

I was literally shocked this afternoon when I came home, logged in to this site, went to this thread since its the latest CD news, and reading posts about Shotgun Blues, November Rain, Velvet Revolver,etc.

Board footer