You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

buzzsaw wrote:

The best way to help the band is to actually get people interested, not to make it look like people are interested.  Imaginary people don't buy records.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I didn't see the CNN thing. If they themselves are trying to influence it negatively, then obviously the trolls are out in full force.

Maybe the way this saga developed means there really is no way to know a casual response. You got the lovers and the haters(both vocal) and the silent majority.

You never know until it goes on sale. Radio sucks nowadays anyway. Besides all that, Gnr in their heyday was a love it or hate it band. It still baffles me why soooooo many people care what others think of the album or the songs. I am just happy it is coming out and we all can move on. The funny thing is, complete opposite of the old band, this album may do well critically and poor commercially. 10

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I didn't see the CNN thing. If they themselves are trying to influence it negatively, then obviously the trolls are out in full force.

Maybe the way this saga developed means there really is no way to know a casual response. You got the lovers and the haters(both vocal) and the silent majority.

You never know until it goes on sale. Radio sucks nowadays anyway. Besides all that, Gnr in their heyday was a love it or hate it band. It still baffles me why soooooo many people care what others think of the album or the songs. I am just happy it is coming out and we all can move on. The funny thing is, complete opposite of the old band, this album may do well critically and poor commercially. 10

Like you, I don't really care how much it sells or who likes it. As long as I like it, that's all that matters to me. Having said that, I always looked forward to seeing what the general reaction to this album was going to be. Its been one hell of a ride and now that its entering reality, the veil has been lifted and its time for the rest of the world to weigh in(or not weigh in) on the subject.

Like I said earlier, we're not gonna get to know the real reaction until the Billboard and Itunes sales charts pop up. The interest could be inflated by us forum junkies, or deflated by the trolls. There has to be a middle ground, and that middle ground will speak with their wallets after its release.

Sky Dog wrote:

If Better isn't the second single and if it doesn't come fairly quickly, someone should be shot. It is the only radio friendly song on the album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think they didn't have much choice at this point. Had to go with the title track at this juncture. Really the only chance the track had, and should be able to make a dent on the rock charts. Number one? I doubt it, but its possible.

Better is the track they should aim more towards the casual music fan. Let this single 'rally the troops' and let everyone know they are back, then unleash Better to coincide with the album release. Better is the closest thing to a Vertigo that they have. Under the right circumstances, the track could really catch on.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think they didn't have much choice at this point. Had to go with the title track at this juncture. Really the only chance the track had, and should be able to make a dent on the rock charts. Number one? I doubt it, but its possible.

Better is the track they should aim more towards the casual music fan. Let this single 'rally the troops' and let everyone know they are back, then unleash Better to coincide with the album release. Better is the closest thing to a Vertigo that they have. Under the right circumstances, the track could really catch on.

Spot on. I think with CD, they get a song that can get everyone's attention to let them know GNR is back. Better may be the one to actually hook in everyone. I think CD may do that though. The finished version has a lot of potential. Interesting to hear the other finished tracks.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just tuned into Sirius Octane 20, and they were doing their nightly top 10 or whatever they do.  They were on number 4 so I figured I'd stay tuned, just in case.  You guessed it, GNR, #1.  The DJ said it got thousands of votes, not sure if he was joking or not.  He also said he had heard that the song sucked.  Not sure who told him that, anyway, he said that maybe he had low expectations because of that, but he thinks it rocks!!!  Good signs.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

That is killer--and we should keep voting, as Sirius Octane is likely the most listened to rock station in the U.S.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

That is killer--and we should keep voting, as Sirius Octane is likely the most listened to rock station in the U.S.

I don't know if I'd go that far.  It's the most listened to modern rock station on Sirius.  I'll give you that.

Board footer