You are not logged in. Please register or login.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

justbill wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I am seriously leaning towards calling "Sorry" my favorite song on this album. It is a fucking amazing song.

Wow, "Sorry" rocks! This has indeed become my favorite out of all the songs I've heard... It's fuckin' incredible.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I actually like the end guitar in Catcher. It does something that May's didn't. It's a bit more triumphant and wants to take you places. May's reminded you of where you've been. The hard part is that the vocals are pretty much the same - maybe they're too muddy in these 'clean' leaks (which are pretty unclean, they just don't skip). The vocal interpretations don't follow the new guitar parts... for me yet.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
justbill wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I am seriously leaning towards calling "Sorry" my favorite song on this album. It is a fucking amazing song.

Wow, "Sorry" rocks! This has indeed become my favorite out of all the songs I've heard... It's fuckin' incredible.

You know, I usually think Sebastian Bach is a fucking idiot. But I've gotta give him props for this. He told us all a while back that Sorry had an amazing chorus with a doom metal-esque riff and great vocals from Axl. He was exactly right. And if I'm not mistaken, Bach sang background vocals on this song as well. The chorus is fucking amazing. "I'm sorry for you...not sorry for me!"

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The Blues is still one of my favourites, that song will be such a smash hit! I'm loving the full production, it really does give it a much grander sound.
I heard the 01/01/01 version today for the first time in ages, I love that version as well, my favourite of the classic new gnr period!

justbill

justbill wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

You know, I usually think Sebastian Bach is a fucking idiot. But I've gotta give him props for this. He told us all a while back that Sorry had an amazing chorus with a doom metal-esque riff and great vocals from Axl. He was exactly right. And if I'm not mistaken, Bach sang background vocals on this song as well. The chorus is fucking amazing. "I'm sorry for you...not sorry for me!"

DOOM METAL! 22

Yeah, I thought after hearing it for the first time -- the description fit rather well. I just love the build-up until it reaches the chorus. Epic.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

I just not downloaded Catcher in the Rye. I am not a fan of what they've done to the song. I was hoping they'd leave it alone and that we'd have a high quality recording of it. Instead, they've added extra guitars where they didn't need to be. They completely fucked up the intro.

justbill

justbill wrote:

I downloaded the track, after all IF it's the "final version" what can we do? It is what it is you know? Still a great song, but I do agree that it was a song that didn't need editing...

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
justbill wrote:

I downloaded the track, after all IF it's the "final version" what can we do? It is what it is you know? Still a great song, but I do agree that it was a song that didn't need editing...

I will be keeping the old demo. Most of the demos aren't different enough from the final versions to keep but this one is. I wish Brian May's solo was kept in too. They pretty much screwed the pooch big time on the song compared to how it was. sad

justbill

justbill wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I will be keeping the old demo. Most of the demos aren't different enough from the final versions to keep but this one is. I wish Brian May's solo was kept in too. They pretty much screwed the pooch big time on the song compared to how it was. sad

Yeah, that's where you and I agree. Brian May's part should've remained in tact...

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

anyone wanna google doom metal and hear the difference?
i admit.. it's killer..but doom metal?
electric wizard, cathederal, saint vitus, acid bath, sunn o))) and My Dying Bride are different styles of "doom metal"... no part of that song sounds anything like any of those bands...
it has waaaay more in common with pink floyd than it does with pentagram...

Board footer