You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: This I Love

Axl S wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

can't u post something else than these "1 sentence wonders" of yours?

Yeah, enough of this joke already!

The joke is only funny when he suggested Axl and Beta got it on 16

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

have you guys seen this guy fuckin NAIL the high notes??

This is the way Axl should do this live; it would be electrifiying. I think the the true power of this song is in the vocal, the rest is just fluff.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

God that video is incredible. Show's the awesome beauty of the song is really in that vocal melody. I hope Axl does it live. Although its so emotional I could see that he might not be up for it.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I have just realised that its the piano I don't like, its a bit to Andrew Loyd Weber for me. Axl's awesome range and power delivered by him on an acoustic guitar alone on stage with a single spot light on him would be one of those iconic perfromances that Bono has mastered so well.
I can always dream...

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Its amazing, Axl made a real masterpiece.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

Its amazing, Axl made a real masterpiece.

Then overproduced it into the ground.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Umm guys, that dude's performance up there is god awful. Not to mention it comes across extremely cheesy. Instead of doing his own thing with it (vocals), he seems to just be another GN'R tribute band frontman covering a new Guns song.

And the power of This I Love lies within the piano & orchestral arrangement. Without it, it's So Fine imo.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The melody of so fine isn't anywhere near as beautiful to me. Although I'll grant that the arrangment is cool on this track.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I meant in stature, not necessarily melodies and the song itself.

The melody is better, i'll agree. I just think the piano & orchestra is what makes This I Love, a very special song.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Umm guys, that dude's performance up there is god awful. Not to mention it comes across extremely cheesy. Instead of doing his own thing with it (vocals), he seems to just be another GN'R tribute band frontman covering a new Guns song.

And the power of This I Love lies within the piano & orchestral arrangement. Without it, it's So Fine imo.

Wow I agree dude. I have no idea what everyone else is hearing. It sounds so uninspired like he's just trying is damndest to impersonate Axl. I thought it sucked and to be honest it was pretty annoying. Just reminded me of some  hack 80's  metal band or something. The guy can obviously sing so mayeb he shoudl just start singing as himself. That was terrible.

Board footer