You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but the 'interview' made the official site.

http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Lame.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'm lost hmm

You're not the only one.....

This is one of the reasons why I have not only little interest in the old band's implosion anymore, but HIS version of it as well. Every time he resurfaces and a new round of Slash bashing begins, we get new contradictions.

One minute he says he wanted to do another AFD style record but Slash was preventing it.

The next minute he says Slash wanted to do one, but HE had no interest in doing it.

One minute Sorum is the "creme de la creme", the next minute he always sucked.

One minute he raves on Slash's UYI guitar work, the next minute he should have left after Lies.

Which is it??

Scratch that question. I don't care, and neither should he. Its 2009 and he has an album gathering dust on store shelves. Go to Radio 1. Do a session at World Cafe. Get on a fucking rooftop. Get your band and go kick some ass on an Itunes Live Session.

These things are out of the question though. Cant discuss Slash in those environments because they'd either laugh in his face or turn off the electricity.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

One problem James: There's no band left to do that stuff. I think most have bailed, and rightfully so.

Sky Dog wrote:

AXL STILL ROCKS THOUGH!!!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl could do a live version of til by himself
or with bumblefoot

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

axl could do a live version of til by himself
or with bumblefoot

that tune on a latenight show would likely put the viewers to sleep 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

yur probably right neemo but with all the layers on every other song on the album my hands are pretty well tied.

definitely avoid the late night gig with that song though

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What's funny about this whole thing is that Axl is actually really good and comes off real cool when he's interviewed by a real music journalist and even radio dj's. Matter of fact, he can win you over pretty well and be pretty damn charming in that situation. Hell, even in his chats with the fans he comes across good. That's why these set-up, faux-interviews make no sense to me. He comes off very, very badly, even when he's just answering a set of questions sent via e-mail, where he has time to construct his answers. He is real good off the cuff in real time and not having total control over everything. It's a shame. And pretty confusing.

I've never seen a bad Axl interview outside the Del interviews and that billboard interview recently.

Sky Dog wrote:

true...the guy is definitely a tough one to understand.

Board footer