You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

misterID wrote:

As I said bfore, this will be a nostalgia tour that will do nothing for GNR and CD. I think there would be more VH fans at each show, and I could really see them booing GNR, chanting 'where's Slash' and not being accepting of the new music at all. The new music isn't going to appeal to old VR fans.

That's why I really hope its U2.

Sky Dog wrote:

The VH fans would love Buckethead if he was involved.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

As I said bfore, this will be a nostalgia tour that will do nothing for GNR and CD. I think there would be more VH fans at each show, and I could really see them booing GNR, chanting 'where's Slash' and not being accepting of the new music at all. The new music isn't going to appeal to old VR fans.

That's why I really hope its U2.

The problem is, I'm not sure what fanbase would be accepting of new GNR.

Sky Dog wrote:

that's why he should do a theatre tour in the US for hardcores....

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the "vh only" fans would either get their money's worth and see a great new gnr show or go home early if they are not interested

i doubt there will be much more thought put into gnr's lineup

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Van Halen fans are notoriously hard on the opening act.

That being said, with the exception of Monsters of Rock, Van Halen have a history of taking CRAP out on the road with them for the last 30 years.

So, this rumor might be true.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I'll say it again, I hope like hell this is true!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Surely GNR are much bigger than your average VH opener though? I'm no expert on VH or there tours but I'd wager if this tour does come to Europe it'll be co-headlining, and therefore probably not always GNR on first. GNR is as big if not a bigger name in the UK at least than VH is. If the rumour is true I'll definitely be there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i agree with the sentiments that, IF ITS TRUE, then it would be a coheadlined tour

though VH doing a GH type package would be a tough act to follow for gnr doing a CD heavy set hmm IMHO

Board footer