You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

Sky Dog wrote:

wow....not sure what to say about that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

this is my Van Halen...Unchained 1981.....this show REALLY needs to be released on DVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P1d8BVvY-I

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Thanks, as far as I can tell thats the first I have ever heard those songs.

It was actually Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure the first I heard of them.
I dont know anyone who owns a Van Halen album and in all my years swapping rock albums and talking about bands with freinds and new freinds, VH has never came up. Like I said the only time I see VH on any music channels it is "Jump", I'll bet that is the only recognisable song for a lot of people over here.  I know they have a fan base in Europe obviously, but outside of that I cant see many casual music fans being that interested in them touring again.
I would look at them as I would a band like Journey, I know the name and a couple of songs but wouldnt be interested in going to see them live.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Wow Olorin.  You are missing out on some cool shit in Van Halen.  If this tour happens, I might go and Van Halen would be the major reason I would go.  I have never seen Van Halen live.  I hope this does happen for the sake of VH fans as well as GNR fans.  I'm a fan of both so would be a good time.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Olorin, I hear what you're saying. I'm a VH fan, but I do understand that classic rock radio beats "Jump" into the ground, which is a good song, but probably VH's most overrated in history.

As long as you stay away from the Gary Cherone-fronted Van Halen III, you'll be fine (and no it doesn't suck because of Cherone, it sucks because it sucks)

Pretty much anything else in their catalog is an absolute must, from VH I up through Balance.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

journey is also awesome
with steve

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
war wrote:

journey is also awesome
with steve

Which Steve?

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLtSMjAv … re=related

Halen hijack...Hear About It Later....

Board footer