You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Interview with Duff in SPIN Magazine

Will wrote:

Good interview. Liked the Izzy references, cool to hear that he jammed to the Satellites a lot considering his lead guitarist for the last 20 years has been Rick Richards from the Satellies smile

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Nice read.  Thanks.  And Buzzsaw made me laugh out loud.

Duff's interviews are alway interesting, and it's cool that he mentions Izzy,who is my all time favorite rhythm guitarist.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Do you wish that everyone would just get along?
Obviously, yeah, I do. But I have no control over that. Look, I saw some really amazing stuff with Axl. We worked really well together. We were good friends. And I hope to perhaps have that friendship back one day, although it's not something I wait around for. But I look forward to it.

I've always felt that Duff was kind of the guy that was unfairly caught up in the Axl/Slash feud.  He was friends with both of these guys and I suspect he tried to smooth over some of the differences in 1995/1996 but at some point the Axl/Slash relationship deterriorated to the point where it was probably useless.

It's nice to see at least a little crack of light where these guys could make up (Axl and Duff) and just be friends and maybe collaborate on one song together.  This comment and Axl's earlier this year at leas give me some hope on this happening.

As far as the Weiland stuff goes, I think Scott might have been using drugs again probably annoyed them.  They are all former junkies (except for Dave) and having a lead singer on dope  couldn't have been very helpful.  Add that to the stuff that Weiland had a diva complex going and had stopped talking to the band at some point makes that situation toxic.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

duff is cool.

Did Axl tell you that?  19

haha! i do have a mind of my own.... tongue

Board footer