You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: DJ Ashba Live Chat

emcitymisfit wrote:
faldor wrote:

In DJ's defense, this wasn't billed as a chat for GNR fans to discuss GNR's past, present, and future.  We all knew what we were gonna get out of this, which isn't much.  We found out he's STILL in the band, whatever that may mean to you since he still hasn't appeared with the band anywhere.  But he's still excited about being in GNR and working with Axl.  This I Love is his favorite song on Chinese Democracy.

Like it or not, he has a built in fanbase (made up of mostly girls).  They like the guy for his work in SixxAM, and I'm guessing his boyish good looks, and that's mostly who was involved in the chat.  I'd say the ratio was 80% DJ fans (most of which didn't seem to like GNR), and 20% GNR fans, so again it wasn't strictly a GNR chat.  Apparently he just likes to hang out (relatively speaking) and chat with some of HIS fans.  There's nothing wrong with that.

All in all, I'd agree that it was a waste of time to an extent from a GNR sense.  But to call it the lowpoint in the bands history is a HUGE stretch, as it wasn't meant to be about GNR.

megh.

Sixamm might have had a couple radio hits, and a few mall kids might be riding his nuts, but him joining GnR, then no-selling questions is kind've analogous to my best friend joining the LA Lakers and then not wanting to talk about it when we go out drinking a week later.

Obviously GnR's internet fanbase is rabid, obsessive, nerdy, and overwhelmingly braindead.

If he held a chat and expected anything less than a flood of reasonable and ridiculous GnR questions, then he's a moron. So yes, it was a complete waste of time, and only a lowpoint in gnr history, because at this point, every new development is.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Top news story on HTGTH, the "unofficial" official site....

Live Chat with DJ Ashba on July 15th

mygnr newswire....

DJ Ashba To take part in online chat on July 15

While I am not a twitter junkie, I'm pretty sure he mentioned it on there, and also recently mentioned looking forward to a GNR tour.

This was being marketed towards the GNR fanbase any way you crumble this cookie, and just because it was a pile of shit is no reason to act like it was an "anything but GNR" chat featuring Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures guitarist DJ Ashba.

It was a clusterfuck. Period.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well, the people involved in the chat seemed to be having a good time with it.  It's only the GNR fans that are all up in arms.  I thought it was established that we'd get nothing out of this, so why are people acting surprised?

He said he'd be doing interviews soon towards the end of the chat.  I can't wait till the GNR fans can rip his interviews to shreds and say how worthless he is once again.

I just don't get why this was so bad, when it pretty much went as we all expected and KNEW it would.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Yall's are some bitchin' and moaners sometimes.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just don't get why this was so bad, when it pretty much went as we all expected and KNEW it would.

Just because this junk was expected means it shouldn't be derided?

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Top news story on HTGTH, the "unofficial" official site....

Live Chat with DJ Ashba on July 15th

mygnr newswire....

DJ Ashba To take part in online chat on July 15

While I am not a twitter junkie, I'm pretty sure he mentioned it on there, and also recently mentioned looking forward to a GNR tour.

This was being marketed towards the GNR fanbase any way you crumble this cookie, and just because it was a pile of shit is no reason to act like it was an "anything but GNR" chat featuring Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures guitarist DJ Ashba.

It was a clusterfuck. Period.

Maybe he thought it'd be nice to speak to some GNR fans and sort of introduce himself.  Not sure he should be vilified for that.

Again, we KNEW what was gonna come of this, so I don't see what the big deal is.  It wasn't a case of false advertising or anything.  I was embarassed to be on there with some of the GNR fan questions that were being asked.  Questions you know you weren't going to get an answer to and they were being asked repeatedly.  Cut the guy some slack.  He tried to do something nice for HIS fans.  MOST of the people on there, save for the rabid and ridiculous GNR fans enjoyed it immensely.  So all in all, I'd say mission accomplished as far as DJ's concerned.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

The thing is that the GNR fans made the chat horsecrap. So. When you point fingers there's 3 pointing back at you and one to God. Or something

faldor

faldor wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:
faldor wrote:

Just because this junk was expected means it shouldn't be derided?

Pretty much.  Some people just love to complain.  They complain before something happens saying it'll happen a certain way.  Then when it happens that way they complain some more, and afterwards they complain that it happened the way they predicted.  A "see I told you so" attitude.  We've been around this merry go round plenty of times, not sure it does any good for people to continually get upset about the same things over and over.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Of course we knew nothing was gonna happen. First you said it wasn't being marketed as a GNR chat, then when shown it was, say it wasn't false advertising.

If he wants to do something for HIS fans, then go right ahead. Stop using the GNR name to reap its benefits. Take a page out of Bucket's playbook.

Had no idea you participated. You should have tried to push the dipshits aside and asked some sensible questions. Its possible to ask questions without going for the big enchiladas. Shit like "Is Axl fat?" is pointless and just a complete waste of space and shouldn't have even been answered.

Are sections of transcript missing? Apparently he mentioned Bucket but I didn't see it. Either I'm too stoned or the whole thing wasn't posted on mygnr.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

Pretty much.  Some people just love to complain.  They complain before something happens saying it'll happen a certain way.  Then when it happens that way they complain some more, and afterwards they complain that it happened the way they predicted.  A "see I told you so" attitude.  We've been around this merry go round plenty of times, not sure it does any good for people to continually get upset about the same things over and over.

With all due respect, I hope upon re-reading your post you find the irony that I do.

Board footer