You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

You can vote for TR as one of Ask Men's most influential men of the year here.

http://www.askmen.com/specials/2008_top_49/vote/1

Usually I ignore this sort of thing but as TR is actually deserving of the influential name, I voted for him and encourage you all to do the same.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Voted.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

just got home from seeing them in MI tonight. Awesome show. For me, Robin stole the show. I was on the floor right up front on his side. There was not a second when that man was not moving around and owning that stage. After seeing him with Guns in 06, I can definitely tell you that he belongs with NIN. I hope he stays with them no matter how much money Axl may offer him. On another note, during the opening band, Trent was just walking around the side of the stage while nobody but me and a few other people noticed. I prefer the older material to the newer stuff so the setlist did not do that much for me. People in the front were crying during Hurt. hmmm what else......The light show is way outta this world. I kinda wish I was in the back so I could see it better but it was still amazing from where I was at. All in all, just a great show and if they are coming around to your city, you should check them out.

James

James wrote:

I prefer the older material to the newer stuff so the setlist did not do that much for me.

Thats my main issue as well....the setlist. Have nothing against Trent for not living in the past, but I'm not even familiar with most of that setlist.

Gonna go see them anyways as they do play my favorite songs.

Cool that this tour is getting raves from each Evo member that sees it.

alexh0618

alexh0618 wrote:

The setlist wasn't bad. Really the only new material that I don't like is from Year Zero but they played all the old hits like Head Like a Hole, Closer, March of the Pigs, Hurt, and even Wish and Gave Up from Broken. The YZ and Ghosts songs were kinda boring for me but the rest of the show was great. And usually, the trend in the setlist was a group of songs from The Slip, YZ, With Teeth, and Ghosts with the classics between each. Thats not how it all was but like they opened up with 3 songs off The Slip and later on they played a few YZ songs together.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

Nine Inch Nails will perform a special club show at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, NJ on 11.06.08. This stripped-down, intimate performance will be a one-off departure from the production-heavy Lights In The Sky arena shows.
Watch http://tour.nin.com/ for ticket information

alexh0618

alexh0618 wrote:

That sounds interesting. i hope they release a dvd of that show.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Man I just bught The Slip a few days ago and I gotta say it's hugely dissapointing. C'mon Trent!

On a brighter note I bought the beside You in Time dvd and it's fucking awesome. Though in comparison to the Lights int eh Sky tour they're on now it looks low budget. Amazing how the technology in their stage show has changed in only 10 months.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

They were in Detroit last night and I totally forgot. I would've gone just to see Robin.

Robin is 5 million times more suited for NIN than he ever was or could be for Gn'R. When I saw NIN in JUly I kept thining this is where this guy belongs. He fucking rocks with NIN.

Board footer