You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Chinese Democracy With Patti Hood....?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

So that dates the session around late 2004, early 2005. With the song dating back to 1992 and still being worked on that recently, I guess it does have a shot at making the album.

Despite I may sound pedantic, we're in November '07. Two and a half years take us back to around mid-2005. But yeah, This I Love is certainly back in the game.

Imagine that. A song first written in '93, during the UYI tour, had a harp added into it twelve years later. Really reminds one what a mind-boggling process this has been.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, she used the word "about" when dating her session, so I was giving it about a six month window.

Yeah, it does show what a crazy journey this project has went on.

Wouldn't the addition of a harp mean other instruments were added as well? I find it hard to imagine a piano ballad with just a harp. I guess its possible though.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'd say this gains some credibility for the 'more cowbell' rumor.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Thats funny that someone asked her if she met Buckethead. Although I guess it was an attempt to date the session.

Funny how she went from only hearing This I Love to then saying she heard There Was a Time. I wonder what else she's heard?:haha:

I personally would like to ask her how This I Love sounds. I wonder if "it has a really slow grinding riff. Like the most metal GNR has ever done with these like high screams". I've heard that once or twice, I was just wondering if it applies to This I Love as well, lol.

Oh it does. In fact if you ask me it will sound very like DOOM METAL! 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Since this is the oldest known track, I would imagine that there are some killer demos of this song done by about 3-4 versions of Gnr! 14

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

More from questionable e-mails from the "Chinese Democracy" website.

Izzy Stradlin wrote:

http://beenafix.com/board/index.php?topic=1219.00

[b]Me:[/b]
Hello Patti,   

I saw you website and I notice you work with Guns N' Roses andTool. I was wondering if you can contribute any news about recording with Guns N' Roses? Like what songs you worked on, storys with the band,equipment.....etc.The reason why is that I'm on a GN'R relatedwebsite and I wanna get some info on "Chinese Democracy" let people knowabout your work. How was it working with Tool? Are you working on any
current projects as of right now?

Many Thanks, 
Stash Dziwak

[b]Patti Hood:[/b]
Hi Stash,

What country are you writing from? I am on the song "This I Love". First I heard the instrumentation that
was already completely recorded without the vocals. The song completelymoved and inspired me for my arrangement.I never played with Tool.  Paul who was the original bass player started a  project called Lusk with Chris Pitman who is one of the keyboard players for Axl.I recorded and toured with Lusk. 

I also happen to know Dannythe drummer for Tool.  I was in another band a long time ago (before Tool) and we used to rehearse in his loft.The the moment I'm rehearsing with a band called Stiky Sideup featuring Brad Hunt.  I didn't record on the demos.  That was before I met Brad.He has a myspace/stikysideup.I hope this answers some of your questions. I don't want to go into too much detail with respect for Axl.Thank you so much for writing.

Patti

PattiHoodsemail_edited.jpg

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

More from questionable e-mails from the "Chinese Democracy" website.

Izzy Stradlin wrote:

http://beenafix.com/board/index.php?topic=1219.00

[b]Me:[/b]
Hello Patti,   

I saw you website and I notice you work with Guns N' Roses andTool. I was wondering if you can contribute any news about recording with Guns N' Roses? Like what songs you worked on, storys with the band,equipment.....etc.The reason why is that I'm on a GN'R relatedwebsite and I wanna get some info on "Chinese Democracy" let people knowabout your work. How was it working with Tool? Are you working on any
current projects as of right now?

Many Thanks, 
Stash Dziwak

[b]Patti Hood:[/b]
Hi Stash,

What country are you writing from? I am on the song "This I Love". First I heard the instrumentation that
was already completely recorded without the vocals. The song completelymoved and inspired me for my arrangement.I never played with Tool.  Paul who was the original bass player started a  project called Lusk with Chris Pitman who is one of the keyboard players for Axl.I recorded and toured with Lusk. 

I also happen to know Dannythe drummer for Tool.  I was in another band a long time ago (before Tool) and we used to rehearse in his loft.The the moment I'm rehearsing with a band called Stiky Sideup featuring Brad Hunt.  I didn't record on the demos.  That was before I met Brad.He has a myspace/stikysideup.I hope this answers some of your questions. I don't want to go into too much detail with respect for Axl.Thank you so much for writing.

Patti

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/M … edited.jpg

Wasn't this already posted?

No.

Board footer