You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

They "stole" about 10 to 15 seconds worth of sounds for the intro.  Bittersweet Symphony was completely based on the Stones song they sampled and played throughout the entire song.  It's a bit of a different case.  There's obviously a similarity, or a ripoff, what have you.  But it's nowhere near the severity of some of these other cases.

I never said this case was identical. Simply mentioned a couple other cases for reference.

I didn't say you said it was identical.  Just pointing out that the cases you mentioned were far more prevalent and severe, IMO.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
mickronson wrote:

BBF replaced BH`s solo... where is he on the list. Exactly, whats it got to do with BH

Suing BBF brings you no attention. Suing Bucket does.

edit: Not meant as a dig at Ron. Just the facts....

This album is cursed.

Remember the cursed antiques vault on Friday The 13th: The TV Series?

The master to CD should've been thrown in there years ago.

sad

"We need a new pressing of Rhiad.  Where are the masters?"

"They're being examined by top men."

"But.."

"TOP MEN"

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah but like Vanilla Ice and the Verve, the music they stole was like the MAJOR MAJOR Part of the song. The music the Verve stole truly made that song huge. U take away that music and the song is a piece of shit.

same with Vanilla Ice.

The Rhiad sample, really lent nothing to the song and it would be the same without it, no better or worse

I think it kind of sucks that the lack of creativity from the guitar players forced Axl to go to shit like this for an intro due to them being unable to create a great guitar intro

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

lack of creativity?  this is axl.  axl decides who shits, and when.... axl and his over compensation for lack of decent material (samples in songs) is to blame.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Personally I never liked this song, I always skip it along with Scraped.  Leaving that electronic shit out of it wouldn't have made a lick of difference to the song as a whole (it would still be a crap song to me with or without those sounds) and might have saved some hassle for em.

At the same time $1M compensation good fucken luck getting even a fraction of that!

What would have been embarassing if it was copyright for Axl's vocals "Oooohooo Oooohooo".    16  Those vocals are equivalent to dragging your fingernails down a blackboard.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

The intro is so useless. This would be like the Chinese people blabbing at the beginning of the the title track suing or something. I always thought the demo was better because of the lack of that stupid Space Jam intro, anyway.

Sucks, more bad press, more lack of response from Axlcorp. Gnr becomes more of a joke.

Shoulda had your bases covered, Bill Bailey.

But I agree, this will probably settle for a measly sum, nothing like Bittersweet Symphony.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Axl's vocals "Oooohooo Oooohooo".

I love the song, but that is definitely its weakness. Clearly a placeholder set many years ago that he never bothered to go back to and finish.

People like to look at songs such as Street of Dreams and Madagascar to show weak vocals and the need to redo them years ago, well look to this song as well.

Sky Dog wrote:

As the thread quickly disintegrates in to another Axl bashing....so sad.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

As the thread quickly disintegrates in to another Axl bashing....so sad.

Where's the bashing? All I see are people commenting on the issue, the song, and where the buck stops. ALL relevant to the subject at hand.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Whoose bashing Axl????

A couple of people (myself included) simply pointed out that the intro doesn't really add anything to the song or at the least is not an integral part of it, so if they were aware it might cause some issues then they probably should have steered clear of it.

BTW me saying I don't like 2 songs on the album, means that I also like 12 songs off the album.  But hey we're just bashing Axl.

Yeah James I think that vocal of Axl's "Ooohooo" is the sole reason I don't like that song.  If it wasn't in there I think I would probably like it a lot more.

Board footer