You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Lady GaGa Thread

mickronson wrote:

funny-dog-pictures-custody-battle.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

This isn't an all out ripoff, but the new Lady Gaga song does sound quite similar to Madonna's "Express Yourself".  Though Madonna's song is much better, IMO.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/13705-lad … ff-madonna

When you first hear the new Lady Gaga song ‘Born This Way’ you cannot help but notice how much it sounds like Madonna’s 1989 hit ‘Express Yourself’.

Madonna’s brother Christopher Ciccone has noticed it as well. “It sounds like ‘Express Yourself’ – I can’t believe it to tell you the truth,” he told Radar Online.

‘Born This Way’, the single, was released on Friday and will be performed by Gaga at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night.

“What the fuck,” Ciccone gasped.

‘Express Yourself’ was a number one hot for Madonna in ’89. The song was originally on her ‘Like A Prayer’ album.

‘Born This Way’ is the title track from the Lady Gaga album due in May.

Listen to Lady Gaga ‘Born This Way’ here:

And in case you forgot this classic.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Lady Gaga - Grammys 2011- Born This Way (Full HD) + Download Audio HQ

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think people are making too big of a deal about the comparison to Express Yourself.

GaGa is saying the upcoming album is going to be the best album of the decade. I cant fucking wait. I want to go see her at Arco next month but the only seats left are an obstructed view behind the stage. Fuck that. Not willing to pay the scalper prices either. Next time she hits my area, I'm getting in on the pre-sale. I had no idea she was performing here until it was too late. Her tickets sell like hotcakes. If this GaGa craze lasts much longer, she's gonna be a stadium act.

People used to laugh when some of us said she was this generation's Madonna. They're not laughing anymore. They're buying tickets instead of laughing.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This chick keeps pumping out hits left and right.

I gotta admit, i'm a rock fan, but as a bigtime Queen and Elton fan.... i'm paying alot more attention than I used to.

Like James said, she's on her way to being a stadium act, with a stadium ROCK audience.

Craziness, but I gotta throw this up on Born This Way...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

People used to laugh when some of us said she was this generation's Madonna. They're not laughing anymore. They're buying tickets instead of laughing.

Yeah you got me there, I didn't think this generation would have anyone with star power from that era...like Madonna, MJ etc - just because the Biz seems even more disposable now than it was then. But she sure seems to have picked up the mantle so far.

The question is a little of longevity to me though...Madonna had a very impressive album history...of releasing another album each year or two and it going gangbuster's like the last....gaga's first album was what? 3 years ago..sure seems like she's on track to do it this time...but she has a way to go.

Board footer