You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Website updated with tour dates (South America)

Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cool stuff...always good to see them update the site...even though its a bit late

if you follow the links to facebook and myspace they have all the canada and asia dates listed

one day maybe Axl will explain the deal with their lack of official updates online

NHL's fault. I called it.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cool stuff...always good to see them update the site...even though its a bit late

if you follow the links to facebook and myspace they have all the canada and asia dates listed

one day maybe Axl will explain the deal with their lack of official updates online

NHL's fault. I called it.

I blame Adam Lambert.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Still lazy... can't even give fans the full Canadian schedule, when they already know it from fucking Ticket outlets.

FAIL

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

At least they went ahead and actually posted the info. Surprising actually since the site is in limbo with all that MLB crap.

Axl should join Twitter. Would be a really simple way to update even the most casual fans.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^^

That's actually a brilliant idea.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

At least they went ahead and actually posted the info. Surprising actually since the site is in limbo with all that MLB crap.

Axl should join Twitter. Would be a really simple way to update even the most casual fans.

Once in a while I wonder why Axl is NOT on Twitter....

He has countless times complained about the media twisting stuff around. Twitter would be a good outlet for him to say what he wants without the middleman...

But it wouldn't surprise me if Axl thinks using Twitter is "selling out"....
And when I think about it, reading Axl's tweets everyday would kill a lot of the mystique that surrounds him as an artist.

We're starting to see some artists/bands/celebrities using Twitter more and more as a way to get their products across than to actually say something interesting  21

James

James wrote:
Naltav wrote:

We're starting to see some artists/bands/celebrities using Twitter more and more as a way to get their products across than to actually say something interesting  21

Yeah, and I also get to find out when M.I.A. is going into the studio, kind of direction she's going in, and even tweet what looks to be lyrics for the upcoming record.  I like reading Bumblefoot's tweets as he mentions food a lot and its cool to read the various places he eats while embarking on the longest rehearsals in history. Also found out reading Slash's twitter that my 2nd favorite singer(Cornell) would be on his album. Reading Lily Allen's hypocritical rants on the current state of the industry was eye opening to say the least. I also keep tabs on what some of my favorite actresses are doing, and if I hadn't, wouldn't have known about the ambitious website Danielle Harris is about to launch. Trent Reznor gives out free concert tickets on Twitter. So has Cornell. List goes on and on.

I'll take that over silence and "mystique" any day of the week. Just because an artist opens their mouth doesn't mean they're "media whoring" and "selling out".

He has countless times complained about the media twisting stuff around. Twitter would be a good outlet for him to say what he wants without the middleman...

I certainly agree with that.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's not about the mystic. It's about Axl not wanting to do anything the vicious fans or the bad, bad media can turn against him later.

Anyway, Axl never liked the media, he can't tolerate anything else than full zealot support. He lives as a recluse, so it's no wonder he doesn't tweat. What could he say? 'I watched 3 episodes of Dexter today and had a lamb for dinner' or what? Even his people are not allowed to say anything about the band, the music, or whoever had the idea of covering Christina Aguilera's Beautiful. Rant over.

James

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

or whoever had the idea of covering Christina Aguilera's Beautiful. Rant over.

For the record, Fortus refusing to comment on performing that has to be one of the lamest things in history.

Board footer