You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Website updated with tour dates (South America)

apex-twin wrote:

I don't like Fernando, but I guess he deserves a fair trial.

Manets @ HTGTH wrote:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

OMG I'M CRYING HERE I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT DAY FINALY CAME.

ARGENTINA
- Estádio Monumental de Nunez, Buenos Aires.
- Estádio Monumental de Nunez, Buenos Aires.

CHILE
- 12 de Março - Estádio Nacional do Chile, Santiago.

PERU
- Estádio Nacional do Peru, Lima

BRASIL
- 9 de Março - Brasilia
- Morumbi, São Paulo
- Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro
- Mineirão, Belo Horizonte

Source: T4F, Ticketmaster and Ticketek.

Fernando wrote:

The dates posted above are not the correct confirmed dates.  Please hold before making any travel plans or asking for days off, until we get the correct confirmed dates onto our Facebook and Myspace pages this coming week.

So, someone posted bogus SA tour dates to HTGTH and Fernando requested that no-one would take them to heart as the real ones would be appearing in the coming week. As far as I can tell, he never questioned the info posted on GNR.com.

Never thought I'd see the day when I stand up for the guy. 16

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

My mistake. I thought he was talking about all the dates. For once they did a nice thing. Still an update on the website saying that the rumoured SA dates are not correct and not to book anything till they're confirmed would be better.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The specifics of the SA dates should be confirmed next week. GNR seems to be intent in touring there in March-April '10. If some people can't wait for more than two days before starting to make their plans for the next four months, that's their issue, not the bands. However, I do hope the real dates actually do get posted next week. GNR's had a rotten track record when it comes to confirming tours and the sooner they move away from this pattern, the better.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axl S wrote:

My mistake. I thought he was talking about all the dates. For once they did a nice thing. Still an update on the website saying that the rumoured SA dates are not correct and not to book anything till they're confirmed would be better.

for fuck's sake.....just had to throw the last line in there.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For the record my comments are not directed at Fernando in particular....just the entire situation....the band is kickass, so is the album, so why is everything at the business end always sub-standard.

Enough is enough. Get the dates on the website, list them properly, get it done. Or hire someone that can. That's all.

Sky Dog wrote:

some jerk posting fake dates on the internet has NOTHING to do with the band. The official website gave a rough timeframe for the SA tour. What is wrong with that? They are not confirmed dates yet so they obviously can't post them. The band really is damned if they do damned if they don't.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way the Asian shows, the Canadian shows and the SA tour dates have been rolled out. 17

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

For the record my comments are not directed at Fernando in particular....just the entire situation....the band is kickass, so is the album, so why is everything at the business end always sub-standard.

Enough is enough. Get the dates on the website, list them properly, get it done. Or hire someone that can. That's all.

Agreed.

No one is bashing Fernando.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
madagas wrote:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way the Asian shows, the Canadian shows and the SA tour dates have been rolled out. 17

Well if we are honest about this that's not entirely true.  The dates were all over the internet and tickets actually on sale, yet no word at all from GNR.  Then a week or so later GNR finally updated their site or myspace with dates.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

some jerk posting fake dates on the internet has NOTHING to do with the band. The official website gave a rough timeframe for the SA tour. What is wrong with that? They are not confirmed dates yet so they obviously can't post them. The band really is damned if they do damned if they don't.

Yes there is, the shows were onsale for months without confirmation, now the offical site has a block of dates listed not specific shows. I know i'm making a big deal out of a small thing, but I just like the band so much and I get so sick of these businessesy things being done poorly.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The fact that people get info from Fernando alone lends itself to the "comedic" business handling of GN'R that Aussie & Monkey referred to.

Sometimes it takes stepping away to see the absurdity of it all. People are sitting here going "no one is bashing Fernando" or being scared of bashing Fernando...

That's where it's at. We step on egg shells for Fernando.

roll

Board footer