You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Sound Check VIDEO

misterID wrote:

SCOM sounds good. It's cool that Robin and DJ both put their own stamps on the song, not just copying Slash.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Thanks for the links. They sound pretty good.  In fact for the first time since after the Hammerstein show in 2006 I felt a  glimmer of excitment and thought "wouldn't be so bad to see them"  I honestly belive  Axl Rose will be the weak link of this tour. Failed mic levels and poor vocals. I'm sorry but the band will shine and Axl will do what he did at all 3 shows I saw in 2006. Dance around and be barely audible if at all. I shit you not in Edmonton his microphone wasn't even on for the entire performance of Paradise City and everyone I was with in both Calgary and Edmonton were pissed at how poor the vocals were.   PROVE ME WRONG AXL!  The fan really deep, deep down in me is clawing to get out and is trying to root for you, you punk 16

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

That's why those two shows have only a few hundred cheap seats left?  I saw them six times in 2006 (five of six were awesome shows), and countless boots on youtube from that tour prove you wrong.  For the most part, his vocals and performances in 2006 and 2007 were some of the best of his career.  For instance, The KOHD at Rock am Ring is magical (on youtube)!  Maybe it was where you were sitting, because I did notice the one show I was at, where unfortunately I was in the upper deck, he was inaudible at times.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Wow the guitar tone is fuckin amazing.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Thanks, dude!

Now I'm getting excited!!  1 week from tomorrow at Tokyo Dome, baby! 9

Bono

Bono wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

That's why those two shows have only a few hundred cheap seats left?  I saw them six times in 2006 (five of six were awesome shows), and countless boots on youtube from that tour prove you wrong.  For the most part, his vocals and performances in 2006 and 2007 were some of the best of his career.  For instance, The KOHD at Rock am Ring is magical (on youtube)!  Maybe it was where you were sitting, because I did notice the one show I was at, where unfortunately I was in the upper deck, he was inaudible at times.

14  Nothing on youtube can prove me wrong. I was at those shows. The Calgary show was so brutal I started walking around asking people what they thought while the show was on. I'd guess roughly 100% of everyone I asked said it was pretty cool but they couldn't hear Axl's vocals. I talked to people behind the stage, in front of the stage at the top, the lower levels and I even got on the floor. His vocals were nearly non existent.  And what proves me wrong about the Edmonton show where there were NO vocals for  Paradise City and most of the show  were barely audible. My seats were lower level at about the near blue line(two sections out from the stage). Maybe if the guy did fucking soundcheck these issues wouldn't come up. BUt these issues have plagued Gn'R since forever so nothing proves me wrong on this.   Vocals in Alberta in 2006 sucked. End of story. I was there.  I wasn't at the shows you were at so I can't speak for those.

And as for "That's why those two shows only have a few hundred cheap seats left?"  Alberta is the best economy in Canada, maybe North America. It's a flat out rock n roll province for sure. Gn'R having any seats left after being on sale for over a  month isn't something to really brag about.  Had the shows been so amazing in 2006 the venues would've sold out in a day or two.

But still I said I was trying to cheer for them. Now I sound like a hater 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dude, you were taking a survey while the show was on? What the fuck... 14

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Band sounds pretty tight in those vids, and DJ sounds like he's definitely stepped up as far as playing Slash's and Robin's parts go. Looking forward to hearing some boots

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, you were taking a survey while the show was on? What the fuck... 14

16  I honestly did. I got so pissed off at not being able to hear Axl's vocals I started walking around talking to random people at their seats. I got on  the floor by bullshitting security by saying that as part of my practicum for my journalism course at college I was to do a "fans perspective review" of a concert and I choose Guns N' Roses and I needed a few perspectives from people on the floor. They let me walk right onto the floor  with no ticket.   I've never been to college in my life let alone do a practicum 14

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Phew - I like that DJ's not fucking around with Robin's guitar parts. Looking forward to hearing TWAT and This I Love now. smile

Board footer