You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

BUT, I'm just going off of recent history.  Do you really believe Axl wants to tour and release album after album for the next 3-5 years?

Axl now has the universe's most precious commodity working against him...... time. He's almost fifty. He has no more lengthy Chinese Democracy waits in him. Another wait of the same duration means retirement.

Sure he can be Mick Jagger and go onstage and talk the songs at 70, but the crowd is going to be awfully small and those in attendance will be laughing at an old man trying to run across the stage singing Jungle.

He has about a five year window where he can actually do something and make his mark. Cornell is on the verge of going on another run with Soundgarden, and his timing was perfect because even he knows it is basically last chance saloon on that issue.

If hardcore fans think another ten year wait is "cool", you might as well make it a 20 or 30 year wait because it's pretty much the same thing.

Again, I'm not saying they should take a 5-10 year break.  That's just what they've done over the years.  So I tend to lean that way instead of expecting them to go full throttle from here on out.

I agree it's pretty much now or never as far as performing goes.  There already seem to be a few songs off of CD that Axl doesn't feel comfortable doing.  He can still rip it up in the studio, but recreating that sound live isn't as easy to do on a nightly basis.  Axl just doesn't seem like the type of guy who would sit down and rationalize that he only has 5 good years left in him.  So I don't think he'll feel pressured to do anything outside of his comfort zone.

I HOPE I'm wrong and that Axl sticks to his preliminary plan of releasing 2 more albums in the next couple of years, but I'm certainly not expecting that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Go searching the concerts attended thread and some other pointless thread about CD setlists.  All I can go by is what I have experienced personally.  Maybe I'm the lucky one when it comes to concerts I've attended, but my experiences have been bands playing most and in some cases all of their new material when touring to support that album.  Admittedly none of those bands toured for the same album 4-5 times with 4-5 different lineups, so it is an apples to oranges comparison.

Really?! Concert attendence?! Jeez....  roll

I know.  How dare I use actual life experiences to make a point.  The nerve of some people...using real life to support a point of view on the internet.  I mean, 100 or so concerts is such a small sample size anyway...

I went to see Def Leppard in support of their last 2 albums.  Both times they played TWO songs from each album.  Every concert I've ever been to, has been just like that.  Bands will play a few songs at most from their new albums and most everyone in the crowd heads for the restrooms/beer line during those songs.  GNR playing 5-7 NEW songs is more than respectable in this day and age IMO.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'd love to beleive this...but everyone knows that birds cant talk

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I understand that most of this remnant from greater boards is American BUT you have to wake the fuck up.GNR canot play Reading simple as. I don't thin you get this shit. I explaine it earler. Its not a hard rock gig. Original GNR would take shit here, Axl's Angels havent got a uck of a chance without something stronger than CD to their names.

SO either thye

1 Fuck it up

2Pull out

or

3 Release an album its fucked

THIS IS MAKE OR BREAK  Get It??

Much more important than talking shot for days over a fucking soundgarden reuinion where saikin defends Chris' shit rendition of pretty noose just because he's from the same City ha ha fuck heads.

Wake the fuck up

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Come on guys, how did this thread get to 6 pages?  Do any of you honestly believe the "new album" is anything more than a whisper of thought in Axl's mind at this point?

What else is there to talk about in the non-tour section? It got to 6 (now 7) pages, because short of a reunion, the only thing left to talk about is the next album.

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

BUT, I'm just going off of recent history.  Do you really believe Axl wants to tour and release album after album for the next 3-5 years?

Axl now has the universe's most precious commodity working against him...... time. He's almost fifty. He has no more lengthy Chinese Democracy waits in him. Another wait of the same duration means retirement.

Sure he can be Mick Jagger and go onstage and talk the songs at 70, but the crowd is going to be awfully small and those in attendance will be laughing at an old man trying to run across the stage singing Jungle.

He has about a five year window where he can actually do something and make his mark. Cornell is on the verge of going on another run with Soundgarden, and his timing was perfect because even he knows it is basically last chance saloon on that issue.

If hardcore fans think another ten year wait is "cool", you might as well make it a 20 or 30 year wait because it's pretty much the same thing.

Again, I'm not saying they should take a 5-10 year break.  That's just what they've done over the years.  So I tend to lean that way instead of expecting them to go full throttle from here on out.

I agree it's pretty much now or never as far as performing goes.  There already seem to be a few songs off of CD that Axl doesn't feel comfortable doing.  He can still rip it up in the studio, but recreating that sound live isn't as easy to do on a nightly basis.  Axl just doesn't seem like the type of guy who would sit down and rationalize that he only has 5 good years left in him.  So I don't think he'll feel pressured to do anything outside of his comfort zone.

I HOPE I'm wrong and that Axl sticks to his preliminary plan of releasing 2 more albums in the next couple of years, but I'm certainly not expecting that.

Axl shouldn't feel comfortable doing several of those CD songs. They suck live. They just do. This I Love sounds fuckin' horrible instrumentally, and I can't believe they still attempt to do it. And i'm mainly referring to DJ, that butchers that Robin solo. Axl's vocally weak on Scraped. I.R.S. wasn't exactly popular with fans on release. Prostitute just doesn't work, TWAT has never been done right since it's debut in 2006. Riad hasn't been around since 2002. The only ones I question is If The World & Catcher, which sound fine, and seem to be rarely played.

Plus, Axl might've gotten CD out of his system. If he knows another album is around the corner, obvious the old GN'R catalog is not gonna be cut back, in order to make room for the CD era. Short of maybe CD & Better, the singles, most likely the next album's songs would be worked in.

Unless Axl is truely "stuck in 1991" as people think, I would think like any human being, especially a man who realizes his prime is past him (as soon as he started doing clubs again, I think that acknowledged it. New Guns is not past club shows), Axl as a smart business man would know at this point with a rebooted band and a rebooted energy, to keep the flow going. And he himself had referenced in the past about album, tour, album, tour, album. It also in terms of music releasing to have CD in 2008, a new album in 2010, and another in 2012, which had been referenced in the past as a third album.

I think the real sad point, even though Axl has said it will never happen, is that within that 5-year window... also includes a reunion. If Axl's gonna put more material out as an artist and make a mark, he's got about 5 years like James referenced. The reunion, if ever possible, would also have to happen in that point, because even now, interest is much lower than it was a few years ago. GN'R is faded from the public's mind as an ancient memory, especially with Axl's lack of face time in the U.S..

At this point it's pick or choose. Tours and new albums with new Guns or reunion, but one or the other HAS to happen in the next few years to be relevant to fans. Past that, it's just a bunch of old men "Calling themselves Guns N' Roses" whether it's Axl & Slash & Duff or Axl & DJ & Ron. Same result.

Personally I would hope for new albums and new tours with the new guys, rather than a reunion of the oldies.

In reality, we'll probably get nothing. I'm sure Axl is a smart enough man to know that the window for either is fading... the real question - does he give a shit?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Really?! Concert attendence?! Jeez....  roll

I know.  How dare I use actual life experiences to make a point.  The nerve of some people...using real life to support a point of view on the internet.  I mean, 100 or so concerts is such a small sample size anyway...

I went to see Def Leppard in support of their last 2 albums.  Both times they played TWO songs from each album.  Every concert I've ever been to, has been just like that.  Bands will play a few songs at most from their new albums and most everyone in the crowd heads for the restrooms/beer line during those songs.  GNR playing 5-7 NEW songs is more than respectable in this day and age IMO.

How many albums does DL have?  Regardless, I have listed several bands that have played their entire album, and most of those bands were much bigger than this GnR is.  If the bands you're seeing have everyone bailing when the new stuff plays, maybe you need to see more current bands, not washed up ones.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I have seen Axl in the flesh do This I Love, and it is fucking mesmerizing, dude. And everyone fucking loved it in Regina.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Brett wrote:

I have seen Axl in the flesh do This I Love, and it is fucking mesmerizing, dude. And everyone fucking loved it in Regina.

Axl's fine on This I Love. He's actually the strongest link in that song.

It's DJ that's the major suck point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer