You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I love this Robin / Bucket Love Festival.

They truly need one of these boys back in the band.

I refuse to see Guns without a Chinese Democracy era guitarist.

This just confirms that the casual rock fan complaining about "What no Slash?!" are soooo 2001....

All it confirms is that a few crazy internet people think that some incarnation of the post 1996 band is more interesting than the pre 1996 band.  That isn't news...we all knew that.

Dude, I think it was a joke...

And please PLEASE don't turn a thread talking about the possibility of a second album into new band V old band. Sure there's people in here saying theyprefer the new band but that's cause that is th band that would probably be on this album and they're excited to hear those musicians again.

The last thing this thread or in fact any thread on any GNR forum needs is an Old Vs New thread

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't turn this into anything.  I don't start things, I follow-up on oddball comments.  Bad habit of mine...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Rex wrote:

Lol, sorry but I had to chime in here.  Just listen to the way he butchers the NR solo...I know he's doing his thing or whatever but compared to the original it sounds horrible.  Robin Finck is not a bad guitar player, but he was not the guitar play for GN'R.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I very much like Robin's NR solo better than the original.

I just don't get that at all. Your ears hear something entirely different than mine. Ignoring the original, Robin's solo is choppy and uninspiring.

If anything got improved upon, Bucket's outro work on NR is all fuckin' time. Another "he did it better". And even somehow throughout his technical work in that, he still managed to recapture the feel, which is amazing.

bucket

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Rex wrote:

Lol, sorry but I had to chime in here.  Just listen to the way he butchers the NR solo...I know he's doing his thing or whatever but compared to the original it sounds horrible.  Robin Finck is not a bad guitar player, but he was not the guitar play for GN'R.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I very much like Robin's NR solo better than the original.

To each his own.  I actually really like the way Richard plays his solo in NR.  It sounds the same for the most part, but he changes the ending up quite a bit and it fits perfectly.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If anything got improved upon, Bucket's outro work on NR is all fuckin' time. Another "he did it better". And even somehow throughout his technical work in that, he still managed to recapture the feel, which is amazing.

Agreed. Bucket did it to perfection. Robin must have felt quite bad on stage with that guy. His work on all GNR solos, even Nightrain which he re-invented and made better, are all ace. But I'm a 2002 nutswinger...what do I know.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I like Robin's NR solo the best, too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Anyone else?  I'm creating a list of tone deaf members...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not that people were reading all that much into it, or maybe they were, but DJ posted about an hour ago on HTGTH.

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Anyone else?  I'm creating a list of tone deaf members...

I never really had any problems with Robin's take on the GNR classics, but I certainly can't say I'd prefer his versions over others.

Board footer