You are not logged in. Please register or login.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

justbill wrote:
faldor wrote:
justbill wrote:

So they cancelled the tour to go... Buy guns?

Now they just have to enter a flower shop

Haha I won't even comment on this one... That would be too easy. 16

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:
Olorin wrote:

@djashba Still in rapid city Buying guns with Axl, just bought me a smith & w. 44 snub nose!! America F%#k yeah!

I hope Axl doesn't kill himself big_smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It looks from this video that Ron wasn't too pleased with the late start.  Either that or he lost his watch and is just telling the crowd.  Watch when he kicks into his solo around the 2 minute mark.

johndivney wrote:

that is interesting. i honestly don't believe axl'll be THAT late on the UK/Dublin dates due to their curfew fines.
Dublin '06 they came on on time no delay & i don't recall many late starts fron the UK arena tour that followed.
i might be wrong tho. & might be tempting fate.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
faldor wrote:

It looks from this video that Ron wasn't too pleased with the late start.  Either that or he lost his watch and is just telling the crowd.  Watch when he kicks into his solo around the 2 minute mark.

Bingo.  Nail meets head afaic

faldor

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

that is interesting. i honestly don't believe axl'll be THAT late on the UK/Dublin dates due to their curfew fines.
Dublin '06 they came on on time no delay & i don't recall many late starts fron the UK arena tour that followed.

When you think about it, THIS gig was doomed from a starting time standpoint.  It's in a remote area without a curfew.  They're the last band to play of the entire festival.  The band before them didn't finish up until after 11pm.  So it was inevitable that GNR wouldn't go on until well after midnight.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Maybe this was intentional to create some buzz.  Is that what you were thinking Russ when you posed that question?

I kid of course.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

When you think about it, THIS gig was doomed from a starting time standpoint.  It's in a remote area without a curfew.  They're the last band to play of the entire festival.  The band before them didn't finish up until after 11pm.  So it was inevitable that GNR wouldn't go on until well after midnight.

the same thing happened @ leeds '02 - the festival day was running long & the prodigy didn't end their set until it was nearly time 4 GnR's set so it is somewhat understandable. still doesn't excuse all the times he's been late 4 genuine asshole reasons & doesn't excuse the dull setlist - because it was a one-off they really had a chance to put in a special shift..

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Ron did look pretty pissed at the end of that clip.

Axl is really fucking pushing it now. I've never had problems with the man, but the man has a Twitter, and hasn't used it since May. Then it gets hacked? And he can't communicate with us to tell us wtf he's talking about?

He has full accounts on HTGTH and MyGNR. Tons of these upcoming dates are actually selling well, and the European fans are genuinely excited. How can you pull the plug on that?

Talk to us, Axl. We're all you have left.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If that Ron clip isn't clear as day as to what goes on between the band, nothing ever will be.

He was pissed, he let people know they were late and it wasn't his fault. It really was a big "fuck you" to Axl right in front of him. Pretty ballsy. I like Ron now. He's the only guy there who has the cajones to do something like that. Axl needs someone to put him in his place. Too bad Axl would put him in his place long before Ron could do any good.

Board footer