You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Rex wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So why the new spider man?

"he was a soldier of Rome, honor him". Love that fucking movie.

Why a new Spider-Man? They know they'll make fucktons of movie of course!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

But they are scrapping the whole Toby era.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why do we need a new spiderman?  The ones with Toby McGuire were just fine and done in the 2,000's. The new Bourne looks good. Must admit, I miss Matt Damon though.

I thought the Spider-Man movies were absolute shit. I agree it seems rather quick to be rebooting that franchise but at the same time this new movie looks a million times better than that lame ass shit they did with Toby McGuirre. I hated those movies.  I compare it to the reboot of Superman. It's "too soon" and yet it needed to be done.

the good thing about the new Bourne is the new guy(forget his name, Hawkeye in Avengers) is he's not playing Jason Bourne so it does leave it open for Damon to return in the future maybe.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Spider Man now seems like such a pussy compared to the dudes in Avengers. And the new cat playing spiderman is just as big of a pussy as McGuire, and though shit, I saw all three spiderman movies. Way too recent. They seem like shit now because we compare them to Dark Knight and Avengers.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Spider Man now seems like such a pussy compared to the dudes in Avengers. And the new cat playing spiderman is just as big of a pussy as McGuire, and though shit, I saw all three spiderman movies. Way too recent. They seem like shit now because we compare them to Dark Knight and Avengers.

No Spider-Man seemed like shit to me because I thought it was shit when I first saw it. It's an even bigger pile of shit now because of the new Superhero movies but the Spider-man movies were always shit in my mind. I didn't have to compare them to anything. Actually I've never seen the 3rd Spider-Man movie. There is a 3rd one right?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I've still never seen Gladiator or 300

Me neither, but I don't watch movies in general.  Too short of an attention span.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah as a big Spider-Man fan, who still really likes the first 2 Raimi ones even though they already show some age, the new one looks terrible. Offensive, even. This looks like a Twilight version of Spider-Man.

I don't think 300 is special. Maybe the visuals are enough if you're tripping but I saw it once and never desired to see it again.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm kind of like with certain movies. It depends on my mood! I think a similar situation with me was I refused to watch Transformers 3 because it was 2 1/2 hours for stupid reasons and it didn't improve a whole lot over the last film. 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-D- wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Hell yeah. Did you ever watch USA Up All Night with Rhonda Shear on Fridays, and Gilbert Gottfried on Saturdays? Fridays were usually weird, funky MST3K films, and Saturdays were always horror films.

I used to stay up as a kid to watch that stuff. I wish I had all of those bumpers. I can still remember the intro music for the shows, and I can also remember the "USA Movie" intro music back in the mid-to-late 90's like nothing.

Sorry to get all geeky, but lots of fond memories. When I was younger basic cable was it. We didn't rent alot because of where we lived, and VHS's were like over $25 bucks.

So USA was fuckin' legendary in those days. I miss Up All Night. Rhonda Shear hosting fuckin' Gamera films, and Gilbert Gottfried bagging on Christopher Lee & Sybil Danning in "Howling II" while I 'wolfed' down Pizza Hut was good times.

rhonda Shear... oh man..... how many times I... well never mind big_smile

Dude I never got the Rhonda Sheer thing physically (but she was cool), but I knew friends that lost their innocence to their right-hand with that chick on Friday nights.

I think I felt funny down there with some of the movies they'd show. They would take these Skinamax flicks back in the day, and they would edit out all of the nudity, but they'd show everything else.

To a young kid coming into his own, plus all of the 1-900-HOT-PUSSY commercials in-between, your pee pee would have rigamortis for hours and you never knew why.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I thought the first one was decent and enjoyable for the most part; but it wasn't groundbreaking or making me feel like a kid again at the movies like others I've seen in the past. Also it was quite over hyped in my opinion. Second one was a piece of shit and too long. That's actually a good decision, Russ! big_smile

Board footer